On a budget, help make this 21 Laramie 1500 cool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2021 Dodge Laramie crew cab 4x4, night edition with 285/45/R22 but no air ride. 3.92 axle.

New ram owner here, and want to spruce up this truck. Please help me with ideas but keep in mind I am on a pretty tight budget because I spent more than I should have on the truck it’s self.

probably need to drop down to 20 inch rims but need a taller wider tire, maybe a front leveling kit?

anyone done fender flares on these, and do they look OK or look silly? Not wanting to turn the truck into a birthday cake build but interested in enhancing the appearance without destroying the ride. Post pictures if you have them please, love to see what people are doing with the new trucks.

Real newbie here, never done any truck mods. Had an loved my tundra for a long time but it had a much higher and more aggressive looking stance already.

View attachment 241347
This is just me, nothing personal.
Personally, I hate lifted "anything" with large wheels and low profile tires, looks stupid and it's counter productive for the reason of the lift? If lifted, you need big MT's or at least All Terrains to look correct.
If you're gonna go with low profile tires your vehicle needs to be lowered or ride just above the tires if stock suspension is used.
But, that's just me?

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Please help me with ideas but keep in mind I am on a pretty tight budget because I spent more than I should have on the truck it’s self. [/ATTACH]

I'd invest in a full set of Husky liners and front window tint.

Then save your money for insurance, gas and service/maintenance.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's always best to have a plan in place before buying anything you might consider expensive. My advice would be to take a look at the different Ram forums to see what other members have done. This can really help you to get a better idea of things that you might want to do. Before you buy anything, make a list and prioritize it. Having a list can help you to avoid buying upgrades that you might not need later. Such as buying a pedal controller if you're eventually going to buy a programmer. That's just an example, but I think you get the idea.

OP
OP
R

Rteff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
You all have given me excellent ideas and I thank each of you. Here is what I decided on. My bank is broken and it’s ramen for quite awhile but it will fix my towing problem and should sharpen the appearance.

Tinted windows, done.

Line-x Bedliner (doing on 3/23).

the rest scheduled on 4/14.

Ready Lift 2" front leveling kit installed and aligned. Fuel Coupler wheels with the double dark tint in a 20x9 wrapped in Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires in a 35x11.50.

will post pictures when complete, but again want to thank you all for the great input and feedback.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You all have given me excellent ideas and I thank each of you. Here is what I decided on. My bank is broken and it’s ramen for quite awhile but it will fix my towing problem and should sharpen the appearance.

Tinted windows, done.

Line-x Bedliner (doing on 3/23).

the rest scheduled on 4/14.

Ready Lift 2" front leveling kit installed and aligned. Fuel Coupler wheels with the double dark tint in a 20x9 wrapped in Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires in a 35x11.50.

will post pictures when complete, but again want to thank you all for the great input and feedback.

Wow. For not having much of a budget you sure spent a lot. The U.S. Economy thanks you! Can't wait to see the pics.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Uh, a Laramie NE is already “cool”, and you already have factory flares .... The big pocket flares with fake bolts look stupid on anything but a big lift offroader .... If you have no money, then forget about wheels and tires .... A nice Bilstien 5100 level is all you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was gonna about the same...its a Laramie, has most all the bells and whistles...my old ass 10 is a Laramie and has more **** in it than most of today's other brands.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
unless it is going to just be for cruisin..get some beefy truck tires..otherwise, looks good

OP
OP
R

Rteff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Finally done. 3 grand in the hole after swapping and selling stuff. Only have a couple pictures so far, but a before and couple after shots. I love it, wife thinks it looks the same.

Front Windows tinted

Line-X Bedliner done

Gifted tonneau cover

Ready Lift 2" front leveling kit.

20x9 black Fuel Coupler wheels with double dark tint accents.

35x11.50 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires.

View attachment 245013

View attachment 245018

2458F989-3239-44EA-922C-D72ABE4F3268.jpeg

B6A641DC-5F74-4E70-A47E-D414661EA3AD.jpeg

23C0510F-8BD2-4578-B7E3-03F522336F30.jpeg

Last edited: