One Way Ladder Extension Move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJCHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I need to move a fiberglass ladder that extends to 22' to my daughters home in OH from NC. ANY SUGGESTIONS! I don't need a full ladder rack nor do I want to screw supports into the bed. I'm thinking of the ladder extension rack that fits on the hitch but concern about the over hang. Is there a pad I could use to put the front of the ladder on the roof. Appreciate any suggestions.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have your daughter buy a new one, or buy one for her. Not worth the hassle to transport it, IMO. Sell the other locally, if it's not needed.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Or you could build a quick and dirty ladder rack out of 2x4s and some carriage bolts. Cut the 2x4 to fit the stake pockets. Would work fine for a one time transport.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ugh. Just buy a new one. Not worth the hassle and potential problems with transport. Wait for Black Friday, they go on sale. Sell your ladder and put the money toward the new one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye