Opinions on 19 Speaker Harman Kardon sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quality speakers really sound like crap with low-quality sources.... Spotify vs Amazon Music is huge. Amazon has lossless audio while Spotify is still mp3 quality.

I have the HK speakers and the difference between the two streaming services is night and day. Too bad the Amazon app is so awful to use.
I trialled Amazon and couldn't deal with the app. Terrible. I've gone with Tidal, easier to use and app on android is solid.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I trialled Amazon and couldn't deal with the app. Terrible. I've gone with Tidal, easier to use and app on android is solid.
Do they have more music, now? Last time I tried they were missing a quarter of my library.

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they have more music, now? Last time I tried they were missing a quarter of my library.
Yes! I transferred 2k songs across many playlist from Spotify to Tidal, which took just a few minutes. The result was around 20 songs out of 2k couldn't be found and it displays a.list of everything transferred and what is missing.

I was really impressed with the ease of the process and now I have MQA, Flac, etc which is night and day difference from spotify. Plus all the playlists came over as original.

Downloading is easy, just turn it on for playlists and it does it for all the songs in the playlist.

The downside is that to transfer from Spotify you have to.pay $4per month to do the sync. For that $ you get a set number of syncs for the month, I forget how many. I cancelled after the first month.

I'm really happy with this and .my music in the ram is really bright with awesome sound stage (installed new speakers).

MrFixNothing

Reaction score
Just got a Ram 1500 Sport with the 19 speaker system in it. This was my experience. Took it off the lot and it sounded perfect. Did a Uconnect factory reset so I could start everything from scratch and this did something to the stereo. 90% of the sound was coming out of the drivers side speakers and it sounded like garbage. I had to go into stereo settings and move the balance all the way over to the passenger side just to have stereo sound but still sounded awful. At this point I figured it was going to be a visit to the dealer. I did a couple of radio resets and the sound got a bit better. Next couple of days it worked itself out and I knew it was back to normal. When this works right you know it works right with no doubt. Amazing sound over bluetooth using Tidal and even better using Tidal through USB audio pro (can't play downloaded songs from Tidal through USB audio pro). Sounds so good that I retired my dragonfly red for now. With the Alpine 9 speaker system the dragonfly red made a huge difference especially at higher volume.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cirioboar