Ordered a 2022 Limited Ram 4x4 3500. As a temporary truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I finally pulled the trigger. Can’t hold my breath for Stellantis to grow a brain and do their upgrades so I ordered a new Patriot Blue 2022 SRW Limited 3500, long bed, 4x4, Night Edition with all the extra goodies, I mean all even the 50 gal tank and dual alternators, today from Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. 5% under invoice! Yes you read that right! $83,379. I was told the sales people are on salary and everyone gets that pricing. It was over the phone and easy. Yey! I typically don’t do well dealing with car dealerships and sales. Got my Vin# today, Monday.
I now get to start the 5 month wait! After waiting 2 years to pull the trigger I thought it’d be easy to wait 5 months. I’m wrong! Ordered yesterday and now salivating.
I still will get another one in a few years when they finally do get the new gen 5 cab and new tranny. I mean they have to eventually grow a brain right? I’m so tired of the Covid BS and everything THEY say IT caused but it seems the FCA stupidity started long ago.
If they just worked the Gen 5 cab to fit the HD trucks and got the Allison of ZF transmission that’s already made for the Cummins I’d think it would cement there lead as the top truck and even convert a lot of GM or Ford folks to RAM folks!
BY THE WAY FORUM FOLKS, you all are the best! I’ve learned so much and have had a great time doing so.

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice build, sounds like it will be a great truck. I hope the time passes quickly for you.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Mine took a little over 4 1/2 months to get here. The first 4 were okay, the last two or three weeks I was getting pretty agitated.:) It is worth the wait to get them EXACTLY the way you want them. All the best.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thanks guys,
Im pretty excited. Not looking forward to the last few weeks though. Typically I’m pretty patient but my existing truck know that we will be parting company and he’s been with me since new. So he’s acting up at $1000/tantrum. Plus I’ve been following all you new truck guys for the last couple years and drooling.
Really glad you guys are liking your trucks. That’s a great sign and may help me with the next 5 months.

Oyou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
I ordered my 3500 Limited Dually on 10/8. Received my VIN number on the 10th. It will be interesting to see who gets their order in first.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
As long as you only ordered Level 2 Equipment Group
You may not have to wait too long

The least amount of microchips, the quicker it can be assembled

Ram eliminating the Quad Cab on all but the two base trims, Tradesman and Big Horn (called the "Lone Star" in Texas)
the Quad cab style can't be ordered with any kind of sunroof, air suspension, Technology Group, or Power Running Boards.

more changes, 1500 models only

Ram 2500 & 3500 Level "C" models

Last edited:
OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I ordered my 3500 Limited Dually on 10/8. Received my VIN number on the 10th. It will be interesting to see who gets their order in first.
You will. I am never that lucky. I’m sure mine will take every bit of the 5 months promised and an extra month just cuz.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
83 large? Count me out. My home didnt even cost that much.
I do a lot of driving and I’m in construction so I have an excuse. But mostly it’s that I’m addicted to the Cummins and I plan on getting a fifth wheel. Once you own a Cummins I’m not sure if anything else will do. So if you do it might well do it big.

Tomp26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also ordered on Oct 8th. I ordered a 3500 Laramie 6.4 8 ft box ,level 2 Laramie group, 50 gal,air suspension,sunroof,two tone paint , towing package, 20” wheels, deploying running boards, trailer tire monitor group, tonneau cover,12”u-connect stereo. I also got my vin assigned within a couple days. Dealer gave me the 12 to 14 weeks date of delivery.

Attachments

• F24067AA-F3E8-4AF7-B500-A0762AD20097.png
    F24067AA-F3E8-4AF7-B500-A0762AD20097.png
    246.9 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I also ordered on Oct 8th. I ordered a 3500 Laramie 6.4 8 ft box ,level 2 Laramie group, 50 gal,air suspension,sunroof,two tone paint , towing package, 20” wheels, deploying running boards, trailer tire monitor group, tonneau cover,12”u-connect stereo. I also got my vin assigned within a couple days. Dealer gave me the 12 to 14 weeks date of delivery.
Sweet ride! Congratulations! My dealer told me 5 months. I can only hope your dealer is correct and mine was conservative. But based on many others posting 5 months seems accurate.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
That sounds like a great truck. The wait is gonna be tough.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
You will love having that 50 gal tank.
With the price of diesel going up you will hate to fill it, but especially when towing, it is nice not to have to stop so much for fuel.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I just put a sign up at the gas station, “help, need fuel. Anything helps. God Bless”. Seems to work for all the nicely dressed panhandlers we see everywhere these days. They drive better cars than me.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
83k way out of my range. I have been looking for the right 2500 gas Laramie for months. thought I had found one I might splurge on ..a '22 with leather and nav. and all the stuff I want for 63k but when I went on the dealer website to check it out, they had a 5,000$ upcharge on it like some of the local ford dealers have put on their inventory so no deal for me. I'll keep my '19 a little longer.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
83k way out of my range. I have been looking for the right 2500 gas Laramie for months. thought I had found one I might splurge on ..a '22 with leather and nav. and all the stuff I want for 63k but when I went on the dealer website to check it out, they had a 5,000$ upcharge on it like some of the local ford dealers have put on their inventory so no deal for me. I'll keep my '19 a little longer.
Try Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. You’ll automatically get 5% under invoice no haggling or waiting. Just boom, here’s your price.
just the Cummins with the HO diesel is a 12k add then the Limited and night addition adds another 8k and the 12” nav is another 1100.
so there’s your 20k so $63 should be no biggie for her.

SteelToeStilletto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Cummins HO
Gentlemens,

I ordered a new rig for First Husband (it is a secret, a surprise for him), and for Principle Carpenter (he knows my plan). We ordered 9/23, and we hope that they arrive by year end. We have VINs, D status, but nothing else after 4 weeks.

SteelToeStilletto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Cummins HO
Where can I advertise Carpenter's 6.4L HEMI dually--really, really sweet ride with brand new ATS Billet Trans. Yes, he is spoiled. Please send him the memo!

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have no idea what your saying. You bought 2 trucks? One for your hubby and 1 for his lead carpenter? I have no way to understand the advertisement part of your message.
I can tell you however that you maybe waiting 5 months for your trucks to arrive. Crazy long time.

scully

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my 3500 tradesman , I traded in a 2014 Laramie crew 8 foot box . I decided I never want a fancy truck again . My new truck was built in August . I ordered in June . It sat in laydown till Sept. I picked it up Oct. 1st .Well worth the wait . I went with the HO this time . I dont care much for the lag on starting off but once it gets rolling I can tell it has way more power than any of my other Cummins trucks did . I think I'm gonna love the Asin trans .