Ordered a 2022 Limited Ram 4x4 3500. As a temporary truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I just got my 3500 tradesman , I traded in a 2014 Laramie crew 8 foot box . I decided I never want a fancy truck again . My new truck was built in August . I ordered in June . It sat in laydown till Sept. I picked it up Oct. 1st .Well worth the wait . I went with the HO this time . I dont care much for the lag on starting off but once it gets rolling I can tell it has way more power than any of my other Cummins trucks did . I think I'm gonna love the Asin trans .
Thats a great thing to hear. I’ve driven a truck with the Aisin several times and hated the lag but liked the truck but that was a 2016. The new ones have tons more power. Although I don’t want the wait I do like the loaded trucks so I have to wait!
5 months!

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
2021 SRW 3500 with Hhhh/Oooo and Aisin. Love it..WHo cares about lag? When 3rd gear hits, it'll catch up to anything. :cool:

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
2021 SRW 3500 with Hhhh/Oooo and Aisin. Love it..WHo cares about lag? When 3rd gear hits, it'll catch up to anything. :cool:
Yeah I’m not thrilled with the lag but I’m not racing my truck. I could also get the banks pedal monster. Or whatever it’s called. But I ordered the Aisin too. 1075lbs of torque.. whoooya!

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not thrilled with the lag but I’m not racing my truck. I could also get the banks pedal monster. Or whatever it’s called. But I ordered the Aisin too. 1075lbs of torque.. whoooya!
I have now had my pedal monster just over a month and love it. However, as I’ve said before, you can and probably will still experience “dead pedal” on occasion. It does help with the initial lag, etc. But dead pedal is a completely different deal that usually presents itself upon a hesitation of your foot, on, off, on then dead pedal. H.O. And Aisin is a killer combo. I run around in 3/4 city mode most of the time. Enjoy the new truck!

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. You’ll automatically get 5% under invoice no haggling or waiting. Just boom, here’s your price.
just the Cummins with the HO diesel is a 12k add then the Limited and night addition adds another 8k and the 12” nav is another 1100.
so there’s your 20k so $63 should be no biggie for her.
Yep, Renae at Mark Dodge is legit. $12k under what a local dealership wanted. Now starts the long wait.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have now had my pedal monster just over a month and love it. However, as I’ve said before, you can and probably will still experience “dead pedal” on occasion. It does help with the initial lag, etc. But dead pedal is a completely different deal that usually presents itself upon a hesitation of your foot, on, off, on then dead pedal. H.O. And Aisin is a killer combo. I run around in 3/4 city mode most of the time. Enjoy the new truck!
Thank you sooooo much for chiming in. I heard about that dead pedal. Thought the pedal monster would take care of it but I’ll probably get it anyway as everyone who has them loves them.
super glad you just said that though as I probably would have thought the truck is messed up.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
Thank you sooooo much for chiming in. I heard about that dead pedal. Thought the pedal monster would take care of it but I’ll probably get it anyway as everyone who has them loves them.
super glad you just said that though as I probably would have thought the truck is messed up.
I went from my 01 5.9 to the 17 2500 Cummins 3:42 gear, now in my h.o. Aisin combo with 4:10 gear......what a beast! Really shines when pulling weight merging into traffic and passing, or pulling hills. You’ll love it........it would kill me to have to wait though. I got my pedal monster from Nick@gotexhaust.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I went from my 01 5.9 to the 17 2500 Cummins 3:42 gear, now in my h.o. Aisin combo with 4:10 gear......what a beast! Really shines when pulling weight merging into traffic and passing, or pulling hills. You’ll love it........it would kill me to have to wait though. I got my pedal monster from Nick@gotexhaust.
I’m getting the SRW so it’ll have 3.73’s but I’m sure it’ll do me fine. It’s supposed to be a temporary truck but I’m now thinking I’ll keep it for 5 years but who knows?
the wait will kill me. I’ve ordered a few vehicles in my life but this is the hardest.
Im going to hate selling my ‘06 with the 5.9. I’m the first owner and the truck has been good to me but it’s old and a 2500.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
My last dig and not meant to offend, but I say this again and again...Why waste your money on a pedal monster when you can accomplish the SAME THING pressing the pedal farther and faster, because that's all a pedal puppy does...Recalibrates the motion to the output signal.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
My last dig and not meant to offend, but I say this again and again...Why waste your money on a pedal monster when you can accomplish the SAME THING pressing the pedal farther and faster, because that's all a pedal puppy does...Recalibrates the motion to the output signal.
Not offended by any means. Only wasted money if buyer feels it didn’t help anything. Yes, we can press the pedal farther faster, but I doubt you can be quicker than the computer. Really no different than anything else marketed to us these days. Who ”needs” a pick-up that can tug 35k down the road? I would guess, not many but look at the sales. Same answer: your money, your choice. Besides, I’d rather spend my money myself than let the gov. do it for me.

okicorrals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I finally pulled the trigger. Can’t hold my breath for Stellantis to grow a brain and do their upgrades so I ordered a new Patriot Blue 2022 SRW Limited 3500, long bed, 4x4, Night Edition with all the extra goodies, I mean all even the 50 gal tank and dual alternators, today from Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. 5% under invoice! Yes you read that right! $83,379. I was told the sales people are on salary and everyone gets that pricing. It was over the phone and easy. Yey! I typically don’t do well dealing with car dealerships and sales. Got my Vin# today, Monday.
I now get to start the 5 month wait! After waiting 2 years to pull the trigger I thought it’d be easy to wait 5 months. I’m wrong! Ordered yesterday and now salivating.
I still will get another one in a few years when they finally do get the new gen 5 cab and new tranny. I mean they have to eventually grow a brain right? I’m so tired of the Covid BS and everything THEY say IT caused but it seems the FCA stupidity started long ago.
If they just worked the Gen 5 cab to fit the HD trucks and got the Allison of ZF transmission that’s already made for the Cummins I’d think it would cement there lead as the top truck and even convert a lot of GM or Ford folks to RAM folks!
BY THE WAY FORUM FOLKS, you all are the best! I’ve learned so much and have had a great time doing so.
I also ordered a 2022 3500 DRW on 11/5. Not really sure what to expect and if I would have read this forum I would have contacted Renae, but oh well live and learn.
Have you received any updates on your build?

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Not yet. You could still call Renae. Just tell your dealer the truth and say you could get 5% under invoice. Tell them if they don’t deal just cancel.
I have not received any updates. It’s only been about 3 weeks and it seems I shouldn’t expect anything for 6 weeks. Renae said to call her in a month which will be on the 15th.

Jonathan Tripp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sweet ride! Congratulations! My dealer told me 5 months. I can only hope your dealer is correct and mine was conservative. But based on many others posting 5 months seems accurate.
I hope I’m as lucky as you for the expected date, I have little to no patience, and I really want Ghost Rider, my Ram 3500 in my driveway already. If dealers would order 50 gallon tanks, they might sell more. Obviously they are selling everything they get now, but I just cannot understand how or why dealers don’t order more with the 590 gallon fuel tanks.
good luck in your delivery and keep us in the know

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
83K?
I would rather buy a house, at least it will still be here in 30 years and will increase in value.. No I had a hard enough time justifying paying 50k on my 5th Gen Cummins 4x4 crew, but I needed to scale down from the dually and this truck is better performing.. Never could understand how anyone could pay that money for a vehicle unless it was an over the road 14L Semi truck..

Good luck with your ride.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
83K?
I would rather buy a house, at least it will still be here in 30 years and will increase in value.. No I had a hard enough time justifying paying 50k on my 5th Gen Cummins 4x4 crew, but I needed to scale down from the dually and this truck is better performing.. Never could understand how anyone could pay that money for a vehicle unless it was an over the road 14L Semi truck..

To each his own.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I hope I’m as lucky as you for the expected date, I have little to no patience, and I really want Ghost Rider, my Ram 3500 in my driveway already. If dealers would order 50 gallon tanks, they might sell more. Obviously they are selling everything they get now, but I just cannot understand how or why dealers don’t order more with the 590 gallon fuel tanks.
good luck in your delivery and keep us in the know
What is ghost rider?

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
83K?

Exactly what I used to say. Now it’s, “I paid more for this than most houses I have bought.” I am semi retired now and no longer buying houses so I gots to buy things that make me happy. Life’s too short. Busted my hump in my younger years......time to enjoy the far side of life. Semi tractors are ridiculously priced these days as well.

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Exactly what I used to say. Now it’s, “I paid more for this than most houses I have bought.” I am semi retired now and no longer buying houses so I gots to buy things that make me happy. Life’s too short. Busted my hump in my younger years......time to enjoy the far side of life. Semi tractors are ridiculously priced these days as well.
Yeah, I hear ya,,,but you never see a U-Haul behind a hearse... Travel, enjoy life with your cash...

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya,,,but you never see a U-Haul behind a hearse... Travel, enjoy life with your cash...
Exactly.....although there is a photo out there with a hearse towing a wood chipper......options?
Funny conversation with the wife, we are no longer concerned with scaling down, our son will get to deal with all the “treasures”.

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Exactly.....although there is a photo out there with a hearse towing a wood chipper......options?
Funny conversation with the wife, we are no longer concerned with scaling down, our son will get to deal with all the “treasures”.
A wood chipper?? LOL,,, Holy cow, was that photo taken in Fargo?