Ordering belltech 2/4 soon have ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll be ordering my drop kit Friday and am wondering if belltech ever got the shock situation figured out? I read some threads of the shocks being bad just after a couple hundred miles.

Also am wondering if I wait 3 weeks to get an alignment if any damage will be done? I will not be able to get to bring it to get done till then because of my work schedule

03lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7(Hemi)
Just wait 3 weeks. Don't drop it now, and ride around without an alignment for 3 weeks. Patience is key.

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll probably just wait, was curious about that but my main thing I want to know is about the shocks, kind of don't want to put them on if problems are still being had

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'll probably just wait, was curious about that but my main thing I want to know is about the shocks, kind of don't want to put them on if problems are still being had

I'm also waiting on this.

If Belltech will release the fix for free to previous customers it's a moot point, but otherwise I'm gonna wait.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nevermind, I'm bored on the parking lot commute home and called them. Apparently the fix "is that the dust cover should be removed before installation" and there is no additional fix.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I did it on mine (I took them off), just pull the top two nuts off, the two spacers on top, get a long screwdriver, insert under the cust cap, pop the 10mm spacer off, did both in like 2 minutes...they say thats the fix.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Have you verified that it actually worked yet? I noticed last night that one of mine finally slipped again. I'll try their fix but I can see going back to QA1's here very soon.

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BellTech claims the fix for the front shocks is popping out the spacer in the dust cover. I haven't tried the "fix" as I'm really happy with the ride quality I have. I'm running the stock front shocks and BellTech's rear shocks. I also installed an AirLift kit in the rear. I'm only at 5psi now in the bags, but I really like the ride.

image_zps3f5a61af.jpg

image-2_zps45aa23c2.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Have you verified that it actually worked yet? I noticed last night that one of mine finally slipped again. I'll try their fix but I can see going back to QA1's here very soon.
I put stocks on for now, havent put them back on yet.

BellTech claims the fix for the front shocks is popping out the spacer in the dust cover. I haven't tried the "fix" as I'm really happy with the ride quality I have. I'm running the stock front shocks and BellTech's rear shocks. I also installed an AirLift kit in the rear. I'm only at 5psi now in the bags, but I really like the ride.

image_zps3f5a61af.jpg

image-2_zps45aa23c2.jpg

Thats the pic I got too, wonder if they have mileage on their test truck to see if that was the fix?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I took mine apart today...both dust covers just fell off when I slid the shock out. I just left them off. We'll see what happens.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I took my front shocks off today, the dust covers were just flopping around... They are just held in place by the bushings and washers. Front QA1s are in, still waiting for some bushings and new mopar nuts and bolts to come in for the rear.

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the kit this morning, assuming it'll be here by the end of next week. If anyone has any luck with the new fix post it up! If not I'll use the rears which seem to be ok? And use the oem fronta

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the kit this morning, assuming it'll be here by the end of next week. If anyone has any luck with the new fix post it up! If not I'll use the rears which seem to be ok? And use the oem fronta

Congrats man! Definitely don't use the covers on install. :favorites13:

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! I noticed in your sig that you are running different sway bars, did they help with handling enough to be noticeable?

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes sir. Hellwigs front and back. I also have all 4x Spohn adjustable control arms, and panhard bar.
Once the QA1 adjustable shocks go in, if I am not satisfied with my suspenison, I am gonna kick my own ass! Lol

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol! I'll put some better sway bars for sure, truck will more than likely end up on air ride after I'm done using it as my daily years down the road

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup, use the rears, IMHO keep the front shocks on mine, drives good that way, and agree, Hellwigs for sure...

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the kit in today! Any tips on putting it on? Looks pretty straight forward. Also do I need to change the bump stops?

OP
OP
L

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also do I have to do "the fix" to the rear shocks?