Over all length 4th Gen vs 5th Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I am posting this as a FYI,
I am not sure people realize the 5th Gen CC short bed is 4" longer than the 4th Gen CC Short bed.

That is all nothing else to see here.

jeeplj8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was just asking myself this morning. 4th Gen fit in garage fine, picking up 5th gen tomorrow.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I was just asking myself this morning. 4th Gen fit in garage fine, picking up 5th gen tomorrow.
It is actually the cab that was stretched, per the commercial body builder dimension documents the bed length at the floor is the same between DS and DT bodies

jman27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Are the beds the same size at the top?

I can't seem to find the exact measurements for this. Looking for a tonneau cover on craigslist/facebook and have been trying to figure out if one from a 4th gen. will fit my 5th gen truck.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My 2016 crew cab fit in the garage by less than a quarter inch. It was tight but the door nvr touched the truck. I just bought a 2020 knowing it would not fit. Oh well!

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the beds the same size at the top?

I can't seem to find the exact measurements for this. Looking for a tonneau cover on craigslist/facebook and have been trying to figure out if one from a 4th gen. will fit my 5th gen truck.

Yes, the 4th Gen and 5th Gen beds are the same. I have a 5th Gen short bed, had a cover on it that did not sit well with me, put it up for sale. A person with a 4th Gen short bed contacted me about it, met up, and the cover fit without any issues. Both were happy with the deal.

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The 5th Gen quad cab is the same length as the 4th Gen crew short bed (and quad). All other 5th gens too big to fit in my garage. Kids are almost out of the house so quad cab works for me, bonus is 1867lb payload.

Edit: Also, you can run a 4th Gen camper shell on a 5th Gen no problem. The shell at the cab will be slightly taller as the 5th bed is taller. Only exception is if you have the multifunction tailgate. The reinforcement brackets near the cab interfere with the fit.