Overhead console add on - (wiring)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gloworm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
New guy here. I have read all the threads dealing with the overhead console but got pretty lost in the details.
I have a 2018 2500 Tradesman that originally came with the Ra1, basic cluster and no OC.
I have added the premium cluster along with a Ra2.

I have just bought a OC from a 2018 3500 donor (with compass module) along with the ENTIRE harness and connectors out of the same truck.

I would like to wire the map lights, LED cupholder light and the compass. (to the green connector behind light switch)

Would it make sense to separate the wiring for these items from the donor and fish them to the appropriate connect point? I would rather NOT drop the entire headliner.
If this makes sense, does anyone know how to remove the wires from the donor connector and add them to the truck connector?
Or is there a simpler way to get it up and running?
I plan on stopping at the dealer to assure the proper sales code can be added for the compass.

Thank you in advance..