Overhead console display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2007 1500 with the overhead console that displays temp, mpg, and direction. Well I should say it is suppose to lol. I changed it out with one that worked but still no display. The interior lights on it come on when you open the door or push them on but I can’t get the display to work. Any ideas what it could be? Didn’t know where to start.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So yours broke and you swapped in one that you knew worked and neither one showed the display...?

Are you getting a ‘no display’ or something like that message, or nothing at all on the screen...? Also, do you have the OTIS, or the fancy EVIC with the fancy pixelated screen...?

OP
OP
Karlsweg

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got the truck used and it didn’t work and I took the one that did out of my 06 that was wrecked but showed a display.Nothing on screen at all and it’s not the fancy one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you try checking fuse 23...? In my 06 manual thats the fuse for B+ to the overhead. Should be the same for 07. If the console isnt turning on at all that would be my guess, as i believe the lights are on a seperate circuit from the message display.

OP
OP
Karlsweg

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
K I’ll check again they all were good when I last checked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fuses are good.

Well my next guess then would be to check that you have the power coming in with the key on, and check for a good ground. Power coming in is nice, but if it has nowhere to go then nothing will work.

Do you have the service manual for an 07...? It has all the wiring diagrams and pictures of the connectors with pinouts in it for doing this stuff. I can only paint so pretty of a picture with words.

Not sure if its different from my 06, but mine says pin 2 should be a red 20 gauge wire for the power in, and pin 5 should be a black and white wire for the ground.

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Was the truck built with it? You said you got it used, did someone try to add it and never got it to work?

OP
OP
Karlsweg

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah truck was built with it. Haven’t had much time to mess with it lately. Gonna check wires coming up a pillar for power