P2127 lightnight bolt flashing problem fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chasehamaker17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had the p2127 code for about a month now, i had a pedal comander on my truck(mistake) started throwing lighing bolt and put truck into limp mode wont go over 4th gear. So i took it off but it still kept throwing code took to mechanic had him truely clear code came back on, bought new pedal/ sensor and a throttle body cleared code at mechanic shop and still happened again. Ordered pcm but they sent me a faulty one the first. Also checked my 5-volt reference between my pedal throttle body and pcm by mechanic and all checked out anyone else have same issue and resolved problem???

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chasehamaker17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Problem is hopefully fixed if anyone else has the issue! It turns out my 5 volt reference correlation code between my throttle body and my pedal wasnt the problem, the 5 volt refrence to my transmission solenoid was shorting out in my harness plug so i cleaned it and put connect grease on it and it fixed the problem for one day. The lightning bolt came back on the next day so i put my new pcm on the truck and seemed to have fixed the problem so far. My 5 volt reference must have shorted from my transmission solenoid to my pcm frying my pcm. My solenoid might be bad but im going to try this for a couple weeks to see if its a final solution. Hope this helps anyone having the same problem!

Attachments

• 3D8BB05A-627B-49E9-A76A-5155F8462F0A.jpeg
    3D8BB05A-627B-49E9-A76A-5155F8462F0A.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
C

Chasehamaker17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Problem turns out to not be fixed…-.-, unplugging solenoid and plugging back in worked for a day but lightning bolt keeps coming back on. Hopefully dropping new solenoid in it tomorrow and resolve the problem