P77 Recall Pinion nut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sisco2008RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year is your truck? Thought the recall was only on 09-10?

Just had this happen to my 07 and I’ve spent about $600 in parts while me and my friend are rebuilding it this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. Out of nowhere 2 weeks ago my truck started to whine ever so slightly. I tried to limp it to the shop about 5 miles away at 30 mph. Next thing I know all madness breaks loose and my drive shaft is sitting on the ground after my pinion nut backed off. I have it towed to the dealership where it has been ever since. I received a call today telling me they will not cover it under my lifetime power train warranty. So I argued that there has been so many issues of this same problem years before and after my truck, maybe there should be a recall on it. All they said was "we looked, there is no recall on your truck". So now I have to wait to contact corporate on Monday. It's ironic that the 9.25" rearend was recalled for all these other years but not mine that suffers the same fate.

G8rDuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the same boat. Out of nowhere 2 weeks ago my truck started to whine ever so slightly. I tried to limp it to the shop about 5 miles away at 30 mph. Next thing I know all madness breaks loose and my drive shaft is sitting on the ground after my pinion nut backed off. I have it towed to the dealership where it has been ever since. I received a call today telling me they will not cover it under my lifetime power train warranty. So I argued that there has been so many issues of this same problem years before and after my truck, maybe there should be a recall on it. All they said was "we looked, there is no recall on your truck". So now I have to wait to contact corporate on Monday. It's ironic that the 9.25" rearend was recalled for all these other years but not mine that suffers the same fate.

I'll be surprised if they cover anything. My truck is up and running and feels much better than even when I first bought it (though I bought it used). Aftermarket pinion nut also has safety precautions to prevent backing out.

keyserroll

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a reason why the 2008 Ram 1500 is not including in the Pinion Nut Recall. The 08s have the same issues.