Pac-Brake Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@PCA4208 I was under my truck over the weekend and was looking at where you mounted the filter mount. It really doesn't look fun at all to get a wrench/nut up in there, did it fight you much?

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@PCA4208 I was under my truck over the weekend and was looking at where you mounted the filter mount. It really doesn't look fun at all to get a wrench/nut up in there, did it fight you much?
Not really, just have to me meticulous about it. I used painters tape to secure the nut to the open end of a regular wrench, fished it into there from the bottom opening and top opening and just took my time. One you have a few threads engage its easy. I attached the remote mount to the bracket first. Definitely don't do that as it gets heavy to put the bracket into place and put the bolts on, I could have used an extra hand for sure.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I simply cannot help myself sometimes...

My kit showed up and I'm happy with my purchase, it's a very complete quality feeling kit. I like the design of the block side adapter for sure. I did think that the filter mount could be blended in a little better, though I'm sure it would not be a restriction at all. I just have to improve things when I see them.

Before and after a quick little massage with a ball endmill.

IMG_20220601_171355547.jpgIMG_20220602_095401727.jpg

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much more oil is needed on top of the 7qts with the relocation kit?

LONGHORNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Not to poo poo the thread but I have an extended factory warranty and wondering if anyone knows if this setup would have any effect on that? I'm sure it's a solid aftermarket mod but I always look at how the bean counters think.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Not to poo poo the thread but I have an extended factory warranty and wondering if anyone knows if this setup would have any effect on that? I'm sure it's a solid aftermarket mod but I always look at how the bean counters think.
It would probably ffubar your engine warrenty if anything went south,like a cam or lifter.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.

For any aftermarket item to "void warranty " they would have to find the item at fault to causing the failure such as a collapsed defected hose. Other than that it is a simple design utilizing a stock filter so they can't blame the item unless the previous mentioned occured. I don't see that happening.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For any aftermarket item to "void warranty " they would have to find the item at fault to causing the failure such as a collapsed defected hose. Other than that it is a simple design utilizing a stock filter so they can't blame the item unless the previous mentioned occured. I don't see that happening.
To add to this, if someone DOES try to claim it as a "Your DIY mod *****'d the engine", YOU (the person who owns the truck) would need to remember that they will TRY and convince you it is your fault. You need to know the "new" laws about warranty for consumer work. IE they HAVE to PROVE YOUR work was the issue.