Part numbers to upgrade 2018 3500 radio to 8.4 UAQ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
New to the forum and been searching around and it's pretty hard to find a short thread that just details the part number of the parts needed to upgrade my 2018 3500 Trademan radio to the larger 8.4 screen with carplay. I know I need the screen/bezel and upgrade the HVAC. I see the Infotainment kits and 4hth gen mod kits but they are $2K and $1500. Is it cheaper to get the parts yourself?

I've watched the installation videos and it doesn't look too bad of a job. The tesla style kits look interesting but I don't think I want a low end android tablet as my radio and I think I like the look of the stock stuff better anyway. Sorry if this is a redundant thread. Thanks for any help.

ant_ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also want to do the same thing. Those android radio are a hit or miss. My friend has one on his tundra, and it freezes all the time. Please share any information. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Gordo2212

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I also want to do the same thing. Those android radio are a hit or miss. My friend has one on his tundra, and it freezes all the time. Please share any information. Thanks in advance
Not sure what year your truck is but this thread got me all the info I needed.

Essentially the things you will need are:
UAQ/UAS radio
8.4 inch bezel
7 speed HVAC module and resistor
new 2018 media hub (for carplay)
custom wire harness for HVAC Conversion and power module
wire harness to connect to updated media hub

There's also a good chance that you will have an HVAC issue which is fixed by adding automatic temperature control (ATC) which is only adding one sensor and then flashing a code on Alfaodb. The harness that Mpgrimm2 sells has that already built in. Again that is all explained in that thread.

You can send Mpgrimm2 on his site when purchasing the harness's and he will hook you up. I feel confident that I can answer you questions here if you have any. Been researching this for a while now lol

ant_ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure what year your truck is but this thread got me all the info I needed.

Essentially the things you will need are:
UAQ/UAS radio
8.4 inch bezel
7 speed HVAC module and resistor
new 2018 media hub (for carplay)
custom wire harness for HVAC Conversion and power module
wire harness to connect to updated media hub

There's also a good chance that you will have an HVAC issue which is fixed by adding automatic temperature control (ATC) which is only adding one sensor and then flashing a code on Alfaodb. The harness that Mpgrimm2 sells has that already built in. Again that is all explained in that thread.

You can send Mpgrimm2 on his site when purchasing the harness's and he will hook you up. I feel confident that I can answer you questions here if you have any. Been researching this for a while now lol
Thank you for the info. I just bought a 2017 Laramie, and found out the hard way that it didn’t have apple CarPlay. I’m only a day old on the forum, and I’m looking around on how to get in touch or see what Mpgrimm2 has to offer.

OP
OP
Gordo2212

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Thank you for the info. I just bought a 2017 Laramie, and found out the hard way that it didn’t have apple CarPlay. I’m only a day old on the forum, and I’m looking around on how to get in touch or see what Mpgrimm2 has to offer.
Like I said that thread has all the info you need since you have a 2017.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007