Passenger brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mshlee2389

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have a 2021 Ram BigHorn/Lonestar. Was leaving my buddies house the other day and he said I have a brake light out. Took it home and took off the light. What I’m not familiar with is there only being 1 plug-in. It has LED lights, and I couldn’t figure out how or why the brake light isn’t working. Turn signals work. Day lights work. When I lock my truck and it flashes, it works. My driver brake light comes on, but my passenger doesn’t. Could it be a fuse? Wouldn’t that make them both not work? Posting here before I take it in and they charge me for something stupid! Thanks!

Robhughes292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you use any resistors/canbus decoders on them? More times than not with the 4th gens atleast , this will be a common issue due to the LEDs pulling lower voltage compared to halogen bulb and the canbus system will register it as a blown bulb and or several other related issues . Causing one side to come on only, flashing, cut out , or neither not working all together.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Mshlee2389 you need to check if the taillight is getting the voltage wire for the brake light, both the left and right sides should be the same.
Chances are the brake light part of the taillight is bad.

@Robhughes292 the OP's taillights are factory LEDs, no resistors needed.

Robhughes292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Mshlee2389 you need to check if the taillight is getting the voltage wire for the brake light, both the left and right sides should be the same.
Chances are the brake light part of the taillight is bad.

@Robhughes292 the OP's taillights are factory LEDs, no resistors needed.
That crossed my mind as soon as I posted it , I figured they probably were. Tale signs that I’m in need of a whole new upgrade huh lol