Passenger front tire just fell off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Are those the original rims? You should measure the offset and backspacing against the original tires/rims. If there is a difference then that would void the warranty. Agree with others, reach out to Rams Cares and also contact Stellantis with information. Do you have service report; if so what did it say about why not under warranty ? Good luck

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm guessing your tire selection is their out as far as warrenty goes,as that's not a stock sized tire,even if they're mounted on stock rims.
Do you have a puck lift in the front ,as that's another big No-No for warrenty

Malodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It is a "wear item" is the probable cause of the "Not Covered" response.
But at 23K it should be covered. I could see Brakes, clutch, Fan Belts,
etc and the like. But this is just bad manufacturing.

I had a lower Ball Joint separate on my VW Bug. I was able to drive it the
few miles home. It could make a right turn, but lefts were a bear. Got all
four ball joints and a 2 Day Air shipping for $45. I loved how easy the Bug
was to work on.

Malodave

howie12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6 gas
Not a value added comment but I chuckled at the dodge it comment on potholes but would suggest the "Dodge it, not Ram it" modification. Sorry.

For items like this it is hard for you to prove you didn't abuse it and cause the failure but it is just as hard for them to prove you did so seems to me they should err on covering it. Also it would be interesting to look at the broken/fractured part to see if it looks like a long term crack with some darkening/corrosion at the beginning of the crack. If their wasn't an overload event at the time of failure it seems like it must have been either a latent defect that grew over time under normal loadings or a crack from a previous event that grew over time. Once a crack starts it can grow under normal loading.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Glad no one was hurt.

I think that brake line was hurt though.
That brake line is holding the whole thing together, The red neck fix is weld the hell out of the ball joint. , But looks like the last welder was MIA or drunk.
Make sure they change all that stuff. warranty.
Never seen that other them in wrecks.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Literally never heard of that happening.
My dads 1958 Buick Special . I was driving it , it was in the fall of 1962 . My mom had sent me to a dairy farm to pick up a couple gals. of milk . Dirt road , had just went thru a cattle guard , and it came loose , thankfully I was going slow . My dad thought otherwise being I was a young teenager .

Now you’ve heard of two . :D

glengarryGR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2006 ball joint snapped just like that, same location. And I did not hit any pothole, etc. It actually came off on the highway during an 8 hour trip. Lucky on two fronts; a) I was close to home and b) it was not expensive to fix.

Silver21Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Non-OEM / AFTERMARKET Equipment makes for an easy warranty coverage denial every time.
Complete engines, transmissions, and differentials have been denied.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My dads 1958 Buick Special . I was driving it , it was in the fall of 1962 . My mom had sent me to a dairy farm to pick up a couple gals. of milk . Dirt road , had just went thru a cattle guard , and it came loose , thankfully I was going slow . My dad thought otherwise being I was a young teenager .

Now you’ve heard of two . :D
Dad had the same thing , enough chrome and steel in that to make 4 cars now, and that auto transmission, no gears changes in it almost like a cva or what ever its called. Nice car.
Only thing happened was bending the rear sway bar powering around a corner one time.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dad had the same thing , enough chrome and steel in that to make 4 cars now, and that auto transmission, no gears changes in it almost like a cva or what ever its called. Nice car.
Only thing happened was bending the rear sway bar powering around a corner one time.
Yup , my dads was a four door , it was a tank . It was the car I took my driving test with , I was raised in northern Montana , and were able to get a drivers license when we were 15 . Yes it was an automatic, they were called a Dynaflow transmission.

My dad wanted me to learn to drive a standard transmission

I actually learned to drive with an old 1949 Chevy , straight six cylinder , three on the tree , but the shifting lever was modified, and put on the left side of the steering column. Normally to shift, the lever in neutral pulled towards you ,and down for 1st gear straight up for 2nd gear , straight down for 3rd gear . In neutral pulled towards you , and up for reverse . Possibly that way for an injured soldier coming home from WWll . Being on the left side every gear you shifted was the opposite direction.

Snoopy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you get it fixed have them turn all those white letters on the tires out!
Somebody mounted them wrong.
I hope you get it fixed but warranty will say its Normal wear. Good Luck.

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I agree with others to contact Stelantis. At 23K if you are still under the 3/36 warranty
should cover it. Dealer should not make the call without consulting factory rep.