Pedal Commander issue with 2021 Ram EcoDiesel V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steved95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel V6
I have a 2021 Dodge Ram EcoDiesel V6 and installed a Pedal Commander about 4 months ago-- no issues until now. I have 6200 miles on the vehicle and, after making a local trip, came back out to the truck and it wouldn't start. There was ZERO indication of any problems whatsoever. I disconnected the pedal commander and it still did not start, no change. A tow truck came out and jump started and it ran with no issues. I immediately took it to the dealer, they turned it off and it wouldn't start for them either and they have had it for four business days and can't figure out the problem. They thought it was the starter, then glow plug module-- both replaced and still the same issue (some short in the system is what they say.) The check engine light was on and I noticed trailer brake and traction control lights came on and don't know if they are related.

Question: Could this have anything at all to do with the pedal commander? If so, what should I tell the dealer and will this somehow void my warranty? If they point to the pedal commander as the issue I am faced with a huge bill. Please let me know if others have had the same issue.

LRPedalCommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
CA
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey there !
I'm sorry to hear of the troubles with your vehicle! I'm with our Social Media team at Pedal Commander.

The Pedal Commander does not have the ability to bring harm to your vehicle, as won't permanently change anything in the vehicle. We do not void the manufacture warranty. Once uninstalled, the Pedal Commander does not leave any mark on your ECU. We have not heard of this happening before, and we don't have the ability to harm any components in the vehicle, we don't change the signal between the gas pedal and ECU.

If there is a disruption to the throttle signal, such as: Changing modes on acceleration/cruise control, the connection is loose or not secured properly, the unit was installed incorrectly, or changing modes simultaneously through Bluetooth/on the module. These can trigger CEL, and some vehicles have 'limp mode'. It can easily be fixed by uninstalling the Pedal Commander, driving with your stock gas pedal plugs for a day to let the ECU reset, and then, reinstalling the following day.

Please feel free to send us a message on our social media at Facebook or IG, or send us a message!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does your ram have the start stop on it? Any throttle control should not do that. I would not suspect it is that.