Performance upgrades and dyno results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'd like to see any performance upgrades backed up by dyno results , digging around for dyno results stock and after mods is almost impossible , post them here

coleflo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah, good luck with that.

To me, track times in comparable conditions are more telling.

OP
OP
Hemifatboy

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm more used to performance mods on bikes , they are backed up by dyno runs , I know it's easier to dyno a bike but I'm still surprised more truck modifiers don't post to help sales :burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:unless they can't back up claims with hard numbers

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, good luck with that.

To me, track times in comparable conditions are more telling.

Exactly! Dynos are used as tools not some magical number that people want or need to see to feel better about their purchase in performance. It is used as a reading of an output for the vehicle, that's it. No two dynos are the same and there are at least 3 major ones that ALL read differently and will yield different numbers.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Exactly! Dynos are used as tools not some magical number that people want or need to see to feel better about their purchase in performance. It is used as a reading of an output for the vehicle, that's it. No two dynos are the same and there are at least 3 major ones that ALL read differently and will yield different numbers.

would not using the same dyno at the same time of day with almost exact temps humidity not help at least a wee bit. Pretty hard to get exact numbers on a track with all of the varying conditions ie wind speed wheel spin yada yada. If I was marketing a dottle device and could prove it increased power by 500hp I know I would want the world to know, then watch my dottle fly off the shelf. :favorites13:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This has been going on for a few years guys, there are a few people that have done back to back dyno runs but it is few and far between. Dyno time is just to expensive for most of us just to show gains and only a couple supporting venders are that big into performance on the board.

OP
OP
Hemifatboy

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I wonder if there's more dyno runs out there then we know about , some may only show small gains some may show losses , it seems mods have a much smaller boost in power then they used to , but that's cool I'm happy with my 6.4s power and not really interested in just making more noise , maybe more real performance mods will be available after I'm bored with its current power

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have. My print outs kinda ******. I do have a video on youtube. On a trailer mounted dyno. Can post pics tomorrow. Only performance mods i have are listed.

Edit. Sorry reread the thread. I only did two pulls same day. Didnt realise you were looking for before and after

Last edited:

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This has been going on for a few years guys, there are a few people that have done back to back dyno runs but it is few and far between. Dyno time is just to expensive for most of us just to show gains and only a couple supporting venders are that big into performance on the board.

Yes I agree with you which is why I made my comment to begin with. If you could do a back to back result then yes it would help a lot but that is rarely the case.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an old issue around here somewhere, of one of the MOPAR magazines, that dynoed all the available CAIs. I've seen other articles on throttle body spacers, and headers.

Matt at Mo's is a straight shooter. He can tell you what each mod is actually worth, and at what rpm range.

OP
OP
Hemifatboy

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Even without back to back runs it should be helpful , comparing known baselines should get some idea

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Known base line for the 6spd and hemi was around 290-300hp at the wheels iirc. That being said I haven't seen much for dyno pulls with the 8spd and the other thing is there are many many dyno's out there that will show large differences even if it was a day between pulls due to atmospheric differences.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
The base line 8 speed stock dynos runs I've seen is about 330 hp it was about 16% drivetrain loss

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The base line 8 speed stock dynos runs I've seen is about 330 hp it was about 16% drivetrain loss

I wonder if that is for a 3.92 truck and if a tuner was involved having the speed governor unlocked. I know a 3.21 truck couldn't dyno stock because 6th gear would put them WAYYYY over 106mph where the governor is.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
A lot of us in smaller towns don't have access to a dyno

OP
OP
Hemifatboy

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Dyno runs should be run in 4th gear on the 6 speed that's direct drive , probably 6th on a 8 speed