Official Redline SI-1 thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Check out the uoa on that stuff, very impressive imo. Looks like an autorx type prodict, and I am a fan of that stuff.

I dont mind expanding this thread to bring in engine flushes, but I'd appreciate it if we kept it to those two products, gas additives and engine flushes and leave it there.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
In this case it seams like this product sold by the horrible 66 is the only known product that can do this job. Seams like top tier gas is a bad joke, simple not enough PEA to do what this does. If this HPL company can do this pretty simple, get a boroscope and prove it, but that isnt even designed for the combustion chamber, so I am missing this point??
My reason for using the HPL engine cleaner is because the previous owner was obviously not doing regular OCI's. 2007 Civic engine is dirtier & has 50k less miles than the 2006 Civic that is noticable cleaner under the valve cover & doesn't use oil.
The 2007 uses a a quart every 2k

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
My reason for using the HPL engine cleaner is because the previous owner was obviously not doing regular OCI's. 2007 Civic engine is dirtier & has 50k less miles than the 2006 Civic that is noticable cleaner under the valve cover & doesn't use oil.
The 2007 uses a a quart every 2k
There seams to be a lot of nakid budt love for hpl products, so what would be like fantastic is someone over there would make a clone of si-1 and even bump up the PEA. I'm not even half kidding, seams like that they have a connection with their users and just maybe someone could influence them. I'd be the first in line for someone with 60% PEA.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There seams to be a lot of nakid budt love for hpl products, so what would be like fantastic is someone over there would make a clone of si-1 and even bump up the PEA. I'm not even half kidding, seams like that they have a connection with their users and just maybe someone could influence them. I'd be the first in line for someone with 60% PEA.
I may have to ask david about a PEA fuel system cleaner. Ill check back when i do

max2bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 392
does anyone know where bg 44k falls into this discussion , i have always used chevron techron but switched over to the bg 44k platinum recently.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Maybe we should try JASCO added to gas for a detergent? It should melt any elastomer!

*** THIS IS A JOKE - FOR THOSE OF YOU TOO DENSE TO REALIZE IT, DO NOT DO THIS!!! ***

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe we should try JASCO added to gas for a detergent? It should melt any elastomer!

*** THIS IS A JOKE - FOR THOSE OF YOU TOO DENSE TO REALIZE IT, DO NOT DO THIS!!! ***
The funny part is, I have some Jasco cleaning products in my garage. Thankfully I never thought of adding them to my fuel...(until now, that is...Lol!)

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read above, full thread.

What's the risk of not running it? What possibly has better proven results by many different tests with visual proof? I am all ears for real. We waited a long time to bring this forward, and to be honest I havent seen one single product with the proof we have now. I would love to be wrong, if any product out there can do this better or equal, please post it. Chris fixes results are disappointing and he tried many products. From from my limited world, this is the only product proven to do this, clean the ring section of pistons and if used heavily can clean piston top. My thoughts for what they are worth, I'm not sure cleaning the piston top should be the goal, because that would be a constant battle. I think the WAY this product works is equally impressive to how this stuff melts carbon. The fact it cleans the ring area first is just a pleasant surprise, proven in every test shown this is the case. The edge of the pistons that usually crude up are like new.

So heavy use to me seams like yes risks outweight rewards, as in kyles post of viscosity, he ran a lot of it. But, running a concentrated dose as in a full bottle with a tank, perhaps two as in two tanks in a row, is a way to keep viscosity from raising too much. Of note there is also some anecdotal reports that this has caused fuel pick up issues or clogging of fuel filter from way back, I have not seen anything lately. You have two things PEA in use everywhere not proven to clog anything in fact visa versa, and oil which is also used everywhere as in lucas ucl and all ucl's. So I do not know any validity to this, but it has been reported. I used cases now, 2 cases in the wife's car and my truck in the last decade, I have had no engine hesitation.

[QUOTE="HEMIMANN, post: 2890248, member:
The general public doesn't give a $hit, which is probably why we're the minority here that cares about our machines running well so we're not left destitute by wrecking these expensive vehicles. We think, not just react like a wild animal.
[/QUOTE]

The way I wrote that was that...
I meant i dont see it as I risk.
I don't think it would hurt my engine one bit..1 bottle to my 32gallons?...I would say thats pretty diluted.
I'll give it a try.im not banking on any miricle effects here but yes I totally agree,evidence shows its better than nothing...as for performance ehh..seriously doubt you'll see or feel anything...tranny would contribute more to that than engine to me.
I would be Interested in a compression and leak down test before and after though.that would tell me more.
I would say definitely in the minority also.
My last truck yes i didn't care one bit.'98 ram,180-90k something miles.for the last 4 years i had it i decided to do a test(be lazy or call it what you want)and see what would happen if i never changed the oil,just the filter at every 5k or so(penzoil synthetic the whole time I owned it)just added a quart every 4-5 months when needed,pulled the rocker covers,looked normal,no burnt crap,no sludge.so in my mind these engines are pretty tough(synthetic part im sure)and do last.thats my case anyways,I'm sure it wouldn't be the same for everyone.it was older to me so I didn't care,it served its purpose for me for a long time..tranny was going for the 2nd time..told myself nope...new truck time(to me)after that.
But the fact remains you cant stop time and things do wear and its only going to last so long if you use it no matter what you do to try to prevent it.
Sorry for the confusion on the way I originally wrote.

chaosh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So, Has anyone tried the Diesel version of this?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

This product is one of those miracle in a cans, there are like maybe as much of ten of these that defy the negative aspects of something when you consider what it does. It is the si-1 of the stripper world, leader of the class. The sds on this is eye opening, clearly this is not your run of the mill solvent type stripper, in fact the main item is an ester? Like who knew. Bottom line you many guys believe in solvents in gas and/or in oil, usually fairly harmless and do some cleaning. But Jasco sds shows they just made that as nasty and effective as possible. Yeah that isnt going into my gas tank but if I need to strip something nothing better.

chaosh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good question, my chrome book isnt opening their sds here, someone else download that and post what it is made of??
Substance CASRN Concentration¹ Distillates, petroleum, hydrotreated heavyparaffinic64742-54-7 <402-Ethylhexyl nitrate 27247-96-7 <25Distillates, petroleum, hydrotreated heavynaphthenic64742-52-5 <9.99Hydrocarbons, C10-C13, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics, <2% aromatics64742-48-9 <7.49Solvent naphtha, petroleum, heavy aromatic 64742-94-5 <7.492-Ethylhexanol 104-76-7 <4.99Naphthalene 91-20-3 <0.74

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Ethylhexyl Nitrate - yum!

There's that nitrogen stabilizing the solvent at high temp. Just like PEA.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It would be interesting to see if that takes carbon as good as si-1, but since si-1 has been so proven would there be a need for a test? Maybe the diesel guys need a boroscope and test that stuff. This is why I am glad for all of the boroscopes on so many products, really tells a good story at least for the gas crowd.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Diesel guys would have to pull an injector to scope, likely won't get a look until an overhaul?

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
This product is one of those miracle in a cans, there are like maybe as much of ten of these that defy the negative aspects of something when you consider what it does. It is the si-1 of the stripper world, leader of the class. The sds on this is eye opening, clearly this is not your run of the mill solvent type stripper, in fact the main item is an ester? Like who knew. Bottom line you many guys believe in solvents in gas and/or in oil, usually fairly harmless and do some cleaning. But Jasco sds shows they just made that as nasty and effective as possible. Yeah that isnt going into my gas tank but if I need to strip something nothing better.
Regarding the Jasco, I have read that before they changed the formula a few years back, it was actually a much better/more aggressive stripper than the current edition. I believe that they changed the formula for safety/environmental issues?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I dunno, that was current sds from their site. I actually need another can, so I will know when it is time to take the paint of my synthetic trans oil filter.