possible bad cv axle??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bj8618

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have a 2015 1500 and was wondering if there should be play at the inner part of the axle where it meets the intermediate shaft on the differential (rotational play and metal banging noise when moving it quite easy). also is it bossible to get to the seal on the differential at the intermidiate shaft on the passenger side? i found it like that when i started noticing a noise like something as loose when turning and hitting bumps while turning

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
i have a 2015 1500 and was wondering if there should be play at the inner part of the axle where it meets the intermediate shaft on the differential (rotational play and metal banging noise when moving it quite easy). also is it bossible to get to the seal on the differential at the intermidiate shaft on the passenger side? i found it like that when i started noticing a noise like something as loose when turning and hitting bumps while turning

Hi bj8618,

I certainly understand why this would be concerning. As our team here is not mechanically trained we are unable to speculate regarding your experience, however, please let us know if you address this with your local dealer. We are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares