Power seat base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FXR99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wondering if anyone has done a power seat base swap... I found a nice one on eBay same year as my truck and was hoping my manual seat is a direct bolt on to the power base... Also I’m assuming I’ll only need to run a hot and ground to power it, what is the harness under my existing manual seat powering ?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wondering if anyone has done a power seat base swap... I found a nice one on eBay same year as my truck and was hoping my manual seat is a direct bolt on to the power base... Also I’m assuming I’ll only need to run a hot and ground to power it, what is the harness under my existing manual seat powering ?
Should bolt right on as long as it's 3rd gen to 3rd gen. The wires to your current manual seat should be for your seat belt indicator. If it has a large red wire and a small black wire then you'll be able to plug a power seat base right in. Keep in mind there may be wire color/layout variations through the years, but it is easy to repin the connector to match.

OP
OP
FXR99

FXR99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks again Lonestar you’re a wealth of knowledge! My bad never gave the belt indicator a thought.... Yup this base was removed from an O2 it was cleaned painted greased and tested nice unit... I’ll dive into the project later this week the weather still sucks here snowed again last night and the garage has another project taking up space....

OP
OP
FXR99

FXR99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alrighty we have power folks, a few notes for anyone doing this project... Lonestar was correct getting power to operate the seat was a simple repin, I did not try to figure out the belt indicator repin yesterday I’m use to the light being on but if you have a chime you’ll want to figure it out... Bolt your lower tracks to the floor and the jump console DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY OF THEM ! Power your base up and pull your worm gear blocks all the way forward making sure they are dead nuts with each other.... Slide your base in the tracks, slide it back till it binds and it will then 2 taps at a time with your hammer side to side until the tracks are even front to rear... Now use your back switch to get your worm gear blocks to their bolt holes, this is fun there will be foul language involved, the blocks WILL bind, lift up on each worm gear shaft any way you can and sometimes use a long ass screwdriver to unbind a block you’ll get there ! Line up and catch your block bolts tighten them down and make sure it travels freely (more foul language) Next i torqued down the 4 floor bolts then the the 3 console nuts, expect ****** knuckles on these... Catch them bare handed then tighten them wearing your Mechanix gloves and a half inch ratchet wrench... Fasten your seat back in and done, have the beer on ice you’ll need it

OP
OP
FXR99

FXR99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another side note, my rear vertical motor **** already, dude on eBay out of Georgia sells them complete for all 3 positions, bout $100 a piece with shipping....

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I had looked at replacing on motor on my last Dodge, an 03. I Googled about it and found some motors cheap at American Science and Surplus. Can't remember what the motors look like, never did the swap before I sold it. Still have motors. Here is what the have now. Picture was just taken from their web site. Only requires a few mods, obviously to the plug and I think had to cut the screw shaft down a little.
bcda7c3015298f34842cb8db0c036345.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FXR99

FXR99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kudos to Geno’s I should have searched sponsor vendors I’m too use to eBay being my go to
Source