Power Wagon Build Sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chasing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I have been researching a PW for a while now. Below is the build I think I want. Do have some questions.. Newest truck I have owned is a 2005, so lots of new gadgets and options to consider....

$65,458 is what it comes out to

POWERTRAIN
6.4L Heavy Duty V8 HEMI® with MDS
8-Speed Automatic 8HP75-LCV Transmission $0
GVW Rating - 8,565 Pounds $0
4.10 Axle Ratio $0
Dual Alternators Rated at 380-Amps $395
Upfitter Electronic Module (VSIM) $345 (I have yet to see this option in a truck on a dealer's lot. ??) Why?

PACKAGES
Bed Utility Group $745
Towing Technology Group $1,425
Power Wagon Level 2 Equipment Group $5,795

EXTERIOR
Two-Tone Exterior Colors:Bright White Clear-Coat Exterior Paint / Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat Lighting:LED Bed Lighting $165
Lighting:Center High-Mount Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera $345 (This option I can't turn on or off, what is it tied to? If I put a canopy on there, it seems worthless. ???)
Wheels:17-Inch x 8.0-Inch Black Painted Aluminum Wheels $595
Tires: LT285/70R17D OWL All-Terrain Tires $0
Bedliners: Spray-in Bedliner $565

INTERIOR
Six-Passenger Seating: Leather-Trim 40 / 20 / 40 Bench Seat $0
Sound Systems: Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display $795
Speaker Systems:9-Alpine Speakers plus Subwoofer $595
Safety & Security Systems: Security Alarm $195
Safety & Security Systems: Remote-Start System $295
Safety & Security Systems: Blind-Spot w/Tag Trailer & Cross-Path Detection $595
Safety & Security Systems: Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System $345

What is the adaptive steering system? Its $300, but not sure what it does?

Thanks!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That rear camera is tied to your hrad unit. You use a digital push button on your screen to toggle between it and the one in the tailgate.

The default camera display mode is the tailgate cam I believe.

Since you won't be using it then it could be thought of as "worthless" but if you ever remove the topper and start hauling stuff in the bed or get a trailer that cam will come in handy. Plus, if you sell or trade the truck it is a desireable option for many and it may mean you get a little bit more for your truck when that time comes.

The adaptive steering is part of a safety package now offered which includes Lane Keeping Assist and Adaptive Steering. The technology will alert drivers if they are drifting out of their lanes, which will allow give drivers the chance to correct their path before anyone gets hurt. Adaptive Steering can change the truck’s steering gear ratio while it is moving, giving the driver better control while traveling at lower speeds.

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thank you @MADDOG ! That helps!
Any info on the Upfitter Electronic Module (VSIM)?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I have been researching a PW for a while now. Below is the build I think I want. Do have some questions.. Newest truck I have owned is a 2005, so lots of new gadgets and options to consider....

POWERTRAIN
4.10 Axle Ratio $0
Upfitter Electronic Module (VSIM) $345 (I have yet to see this option in a truck on a dealer's lot. ??) Why?

-most guys think they need a plow to utilize it. Only a few PW have them. Great option though. -

PACKAGES
Bed Utility Group $745

EXTERIOR
Two-Tone Exterior Colors:Bright White Clear-Coat Exterior Paint / Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat Lighting:LED Bed Lighting $165
Lighting:Center High-Mount Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera $345 (This option I can't turn on or off, what is it tied to? If I put a canopy on there, it seems worthless. ???)

-Maybe you don’t need it with a camper but it is part of the tech package and I do use mine. -

INTERIOR

-Definitely should get the 12” screen-

-That’s super nice and will keep you in your lane if you drift out. And adaptive cruise it uses the cruise control maintain speed of the person you’re following so you don’t have to adjust your cruise control back-and-forth very nice feature. -
Thanks!

I added my comments in between your post (in the quote)

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thanks @Trailmaker
Why the 12" vs. 8.4? When I switch it on and off on the "Build a Ram"
site, it appears that all of the AC/Heat controls knobs go away and become part of the screen, yeah? I sort of preferred the look of the 8.4 from that view. ?? Local dealer hasn't had a Power Wagon on the lot in a long time, so flying blind so to speak. : )

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Thanks @Trailmaker
Why the 12" vs. 8.4? When I switch it on and off on the "Build a Ram"
site, it appears that all of the AC/Heat controls knobs go away and become part of the screen, yeah? I sort of preferred the look of the 8.4 from that view. ?? Local dealer hasn't had a Power Wagon on the lot in a long time, so flying blind so to speak. : )
Your right is does include the a/c controls. The buttons are bigger on the screen and easier to push in in flight. The nav screen is much better at showing you what is ahead.

there is an option for auxiliary buttons definitely get that it’s not for the snow package like everyone thinks. you can add lights to it.

DBBA55E3-6898-4680-875E-6944B3E76495.jpeg

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You want my honest opinion, get the Tradesman Power Wagon. A lot less fancy electronics and no big screen to fail in a few years. That said I have a loaded PW that has everything except the 12 inch screen but I picked that because I liked the 8.4 better.

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I just gotta find one to get in and check out! : ) Thanks guys, appreciate the data

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just gotta find one to get in and check out! : ) Thanks guys, appreciate the data

Two things to consider.

First what do you plan to do with this rig once you have it? Are you planning to put a 35x12.5 or 37x12.5 tire on? Because if so you will probably need to look at getting a wider rim since an 8 wide is to narrow to “safely” mount either of those. You can run a 315/70r17 on the factory 17x8 rim though. If you are planning to get this rig and do an AEV conversion or something along those line you may want to strongly consider the cheaper Tradesman version. The Tradesman gets all the off road capability, better payload, but comes in around $48k. You can add a lot of stuff for the $17k difference. If you just want a really nice factory truck with a ton of off road grunt for when you need it, the top of the line one is a solid choice.

Second. If you do decide to get the top of the line version, you can save a lot of money by finding one on a dealer lot somewhere right now. I bought mine about a month ago and scored about $16k in rebates and dealer incentives because the market is slow right now. Getting rebates like that might be worth a one way train or plane ticket or even a long uber ride.

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
@JamesgPW Appreciate that input, but I think the different builds I played with lean me toward the standard PW vs. the Tradesman. As for tires, I like tall skinny tires, so have not made up my mind as to what tires I would do. I run LT255/80R17Es on my Tundra. Those 35s and 37s start to get wide...
I think OEM PW would be adequate for the off roading I do.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

POWERTRAIN
4.10 Axle Ratio $0

PACKAGES
Bed Utility Group $745

EXTERIOR

INTERIOR

Thanks!

Just some of my own opinion here...
  • Research what the VSIM does. It IS NOT the same as auxiliary switches. As far as I'm aware VSIM is an option to tie things in to the trucks comms systems (so if you're going to use your truck on a construction site or something, it could tie your strobes and blinkers to being in park or having the engine running). The auxiliary switch system is much more functional but not offered on PWs as far as I'm aware.
  • Agree with @Trailmaker on uConnect 12. I have it and love it.
  • CHMSL with Cargo view cam is tied to towing technology group. I believe this is a requirement for the 360 camera which I also really like. If you're eventually going to put a topper on there it may be useless but at least you have the option if you go a different route.
  • The bed utility group SHOULD include spray in bed liner - this might be redundant and adding extra cost. When I went through delivery, the bed step was unavailable and it held up my order. Make sure you check on that with your dealer before proceeding.
  • Blind spot with tag trailer and cross path should also be included with the towing technology group. Double check that in case it was.

OA

nameuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered mine how I wanted and picked it up recently.
As mentioned, I thought I was ordering the up fitter switches, but got the module which I will never use.
I ordered the bed utility group and found out after it was made that it was in the holding yard waiting for the bed step. Luckily I found out about it after a few days and told them to ship it without the step. PW1.jpg