Power Wagon decal delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, personal preference here but I'm wanting to remove the bed side PowerWagon decal and replace it with just the lower black decal. I can't find the part number for them. Can anyone hook a brother up?

Attachments

• a6dcec57b62ed90d338d83ecf3e7e515.jpg
    a6dcec57b62ed90d338d83ecf3e7e515.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 43

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
It's not a decal, it's actually two tone paint. PXJ paint code for the stripe regardless of primary color on our gen.

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just my 2 cents... I ordered my truck with the delete option, not liking the side decal especially with Ram Boxes which I also have. But after having it for awhile I did long for the tail gate decal which is also removed. The Mopar part for the tail gate decal sells for between $300 and $450 without installation! (That's 30-45 bucks a letter "Power Wagon") without installation for a decal! I was able to find a local custom shop that specializes in decals, vehicle wraps etc. who was able to custom make one for me. It allowed me to pick which colors ( I used two to outline the lettering) type of letter font , size and spacing. Design, creation and install was about an hour an cost me just north of $100! If at some point I grow tired of the design/color etc. For a hundred bucks I'll just change it :)
My point is, explore all your options before just purchasing OEM parts. My truck is all black so I don't have the lower paint color you have but I would consider keeping it. That part of the truck takes a lot of abuse from road debris, salt and sand (that's just on the pavement). Its much easier and cost efficient to touch up minor issues.
Good luck with your decision,

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, as mentioned thats 2 tone paint...I ordered decal delete and no regrets

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not a decal, it's actually two tone paint. PXJ paint code for the stripe regardless of primary color on our gen.
If I understand what the OP is asking, then the above is correct. The black that runs from the bottom of the rocker panels up into the doors (ending just under the "Ram" on the door) is paint, so just like a two-tone paint job. The "Power Wagon" words and surrounding black that runs up to the top of the bed is a decal. I believe if you removed the Power Wagon decal it would leave you with a "normal" looking two tone paint. So for example, if the truck started like the top picture, it would look like the bottom picture after you removed the decals. I should also say that the thin black pinstripe that runs just above the black paint down the sides is a decal/sticker also you would remove.

e0ca5ecaa43e0e17f2b9583be5795e91.jpg
img_0902-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
Adventurebound

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting...its paint on my 21. Sticker says 2 tone paint.
He is talking about the side sticker that comes on the 75a edition not the lower painted part.
4ABAC383-FB02-416B-AC45-EE9C9B273067.jpeg

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Dudes! It's not paint, it's a sticker. Without photos I just don't know which one it is. Guess I will take a trip to the dealer parts counter. They are bound to have photos.

The stripe in the picture you posted is 100% paint.

If you're talking about the 'low profile' graphics that say Power Wagon, look up "tracer graphics". I don't know the part number, but that's the actual option name.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe I'm confused as to what the OP is talking about, or maybe something has changed. Was under the impression they wanted to remove the Power Wagon decal on the bed just before the rear wheels, so the part outlined in red. Then they were asking about keeping the black lower "two tone" strip that runs from the rockers up so it matches with the doors (see arrow).

bed stripe.JPG

Assuming we are talking about the same thing, and unless something is different on the 75A (never looked at one close up) the black is painted and will still be there after removing the Power Wagon decal. The confusion might be coming from the fact that there are decals that extend down from the green paint into the black paint. Below is a screenshot of the main decal. As you can see the black part of the decal flares out and ends at the paint stripe. Then there the "R" for Power and the "N" for Wagon are decals that go over the black paint.

In any case, I'm really curious now. However it's kinda' hard to track down a 75A to look at it in person! I've only personally seen a couple out in the wild since they introduced.

68416956AA-3-TOP.jpg

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Maybe I'm confused as to what the OP is talking about, or maybe something has changed. Was under the impression they wanted to remove the Power Wagon decal on the bed just before the rear wheels, so the part outlined in red. Then they were asking about keeping the black lower "two tone" strip that runs from the rockers up so it matches with the doors (see arrow).

View attachment 525472

Assuming we are talking about the same thing, and unless something is different on the 75A (never looked at one close up) the black is painted and will still be there after removing the Power Wagon decal. The confusion might be coming from the fact that there are decals that extend down from the green paint into the black paint. Below is a screenshot of the main decal. As you can see the black part of the decal flares out and ends at the paint stripe. Then there the "R" for Power and the "N" for Wagon are decals that go over the black paint.

In any case, I'm really curious now. However it's kinda' hard to track down a 75A to look at it in person! I've only personally seen a couple out in the wild since they introduced.

View attachment 525473

I own a 75A. I can assure you the stripe is paint and not a decal, hence my original answer to the OP. If he's talking about the stripe, it's 100% paint. If he's talking about the more subtle "power wagon" graphics, those are decals and are called 'tracer graphics'. Tracer graphics are the kind the 75A came with and is a no cost option on current production ones, at least the higher trims.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not the greatest picture...granite 75A with decal delete and painted black fo sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230729-010108_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729-010108_Photos.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 15

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
Adventurebound

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK. I think I have this figured out. The top is a decal. The bottom is paint (black). The bottom two letters (R & N) are decals that match the paint color of the truck (green). The only decal I will need is the small stripe that is above the lower black paint.

Attachments

• 20230729_113225.jpg
    20230729_113225.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230729_113256.jpg
    20230729_113256.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 12

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK. I think I have this figured out. The top is a decal. The bottom is paint (black). The bottom two letters (R & N) are decals that match the paint color of the truck (green). The only decal I will need is the small stripe that is above the lower black paint.
Yes, that is correct.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes!
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that factory "decal delete" trucks have that black pinstripe at all. Which means if you try searching for that exact location it may not exist. However I would think you could maybe find the black pinstripe that is meant for the door sections or other body parts and just it cut it to length to fit. Or maybe find an aftermarket equivalent. Of course you could just take off all of the pinstripe.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes!
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that factory "decal delete" trucks have that black pinstripe at all. Which means if you try searching for that exact location it may not exist. However I would think you could maybe find the black pinstripe that is meant for the door sections or other body parts and just it cut it to length to fit. Or maybe find an aftermarket equivalent. Of course you could just take off all of the pinstripe.
Correct! Zero decals of any kind on a decal delete...at least on my ordered 75A

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

That may be the source of much of the confusion, as the picture in your OP doesn't have the pinstripe above the main stripe. My 75A with tracer graphics doesn't have the pinstripe, either, and I never noticed it's existence on other trims.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357