Power Window issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firechicken87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All!!! New RAM owner here. I bought my truck 5 days ago and everything was working perfectly. I went on a short weekend trip where I parked my truck Friday afternoon, and I was back by Sunday afternoon. All of the sudden, my rear door windows won't roll down... I'm not sure they will roll up either, but I can't get them down to try. The rear locks work just fine, and I have taken off the driver side rear door panel and tested voltage at the regulator. It is only getting 1.5 and -1.5 volts. I'm not sure where else to look as everything else in the truck works perfectly except those windows... Please help, any information you might be able to give me would be excellent!

Thanks in advance.
R.

Edit: Forgot to include... 2015 RAM 1500 Tradesman 5.7Hemi 4x4

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All!!! New RAM owner here. I bought my truck 5 days ago and everything was working perfectly. I went on a short weekend trip where I parked my truck Friday afternoon, and I was back by Sunday afternoon. All of the sudden, my rear door windows won't roll down... I'm not sure they will roll up either, but I can't get them down to try. The rear locks work just fine, and I have taken off the driver side rear door panel and tested voltage at the regulator. It is only getting 1.5 and -1.5 volts. I'm not sure where else to look as everything else in the truck works perfectly except those windows... Please help, any information you might be able to give me would be excellent!

Thanks in advance.
R.

Edit: Forgot to include... 2015 RAM 1500 Tradesman 5.7Hemi 4x4

Is there any chance that you have the rear window child locks activated? It’s usually a switch in the driver’s arm rest.

OP
OP
Firechicken87

Firechicken87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there any chance that you have the rear window child locks activated? It’s usually a switch in the driver’s arm rest.
I wish i could say that was the issue. But after a bunch of diagnostics and the cruise, ambient temp sensor, and dome lights getting pretty erratic, turns out its the bcm and i need a new front left master switch. I cant believe i bought this truck with everything working just 5 days before everything started going bad... :/ i will say even through all this trouble ill never stray from Mopar.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Did you buy from a dealer, maybe they can do right by you?

OP
OP
Firechicken87

Firechicken87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update: The dealer fixed the cruise and ambient temp issues... But I had to order a new front left master window switch... I finally got it in today, and upon initial inspection it worked perfectly. I turned OFF the window lock, and then everything went haywire again. The left rear will only go up, and the right rear will not move at all. Thankfully I was able to put 12v to the motor and it is currently up. Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome. I'm going to do some more digging on the truck tomorrow after work.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a similar issue in my truck. Door control module corroded and melted. But my wipers stayed on, and every dash light was on, but no gauges worked. Dealer should be able to run it on the computer with the wonderful new ************* canbus system.