Power wire Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys..no electric guy here...trying topower some LED's so they turn on with door opening like the footwell little light. Thought i could tap into that power source..cannot find the little power light gizmo..Anyone know which color wire is positive or negative..There is a yellow and a black going into the little footwell light. Thought i could T Tap each and power the little LED strip i have put around the door to illuminate at the same time the footwell lights up...ANY HELP is really appreciated...Something to do on a Sunday night...thanks

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Disconnect wire from footwell. Get 12 V tester out and see which one is hot since I don't know, would be a 50/50 guess. Just a thought from frazzled old BOIRD.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep that. Was my plan.. old brain misplaced tester hence yell out for helping knowledge from Forum lads
No wally world by U so U can buy the ole 1 wire cheapie? lol. I just not know which one, and if I try and bend down there to see, may take a long time to get back up, LOL. Old BOIRD.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys..no electric guy here...trying topower some LED's so they turn on with door opening like the footwell little light. Thought i could tap into that power source..cannot find the little power light gizmo..Anyone know which color wire is positive or negative..There is a yellow and a black going into the little footwell light. Thought i could T Tap each and power the little LED strip i have put around the door to illuminate at the same time the footwell lights up...ANY HELP is really appreciated...Something to do on a Sunday night...thanks
Source: https://connectorrepairkit.mopar.com/

1701039711153.png

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haha.. nope way out in the country. I will leave it be and stop into a mech shop am when taking B to work.. haha probably safer…