Powertrain products engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, I haven’t been in here in quite some time. Hello old chaps.
Well at 186k miles I suffered the old worn lifter and destroyed cam issue.
The truck is still rust free and I love it so engine replacement it is.

I looked at a lot of options. Used engines with high miles are ridiculous in price. but I found a company called “powertrain products”.

They can get me a reman long block with all the oiling ills fixed (so they claim) with a 5 year warranty for $3,900.
They have good reviews and seem pretty reputable.

Question is, do you guys have a suggestion for another option and or have you ever used these guys?

Thanks and happy new year.

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking at them as well. Seems like they are very reputable. I've also been looking at Fraser Engines and they're priced around the same as Powertrain Products. I've heard too many horror stories about Jasper so I've stayed away from them.

OP
OP
Bluto

Bluto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking at them as well. Seems like they are very reputable. I've also been looking at Fraser Engines and they're priced around the same as Powertrain Products. I've heard too many horror stories about Jasper so I've stayed away from them.
And they (jasper) are about twice the price.