Pranks ! While normally taboo to mess with someone's ride ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I use to work at a gas station when I was 16 years old, when they were full service. I remember 3 guys that would come and hang around and playfully mess with people (before it was called offending).lol There was an old man with a Volkswagen Beetle (bug) that was a regular customer that always came there to get gas and get fluids checked. Every time he'd get ready to leave these 3 guys would pick up the back of his bug and hold it off the ground so he couldn't leave till they let it down. They did it all the time just to aggravate him. Well he came in one time and I was filling up his car with gas, I whispered to him that when they picked his car up to put it in reverse and make them hold it. His eyes lite up, he never thought of that before and he couldn't wait. Sure enough when they picked it up he threw that thing in reverse and nailed it and yelled as loud as he could "Let er down now boys". I yelled at them not to cause it was in reverse. He made them hold it till I ask him to please stop because they wasn't going to be able to hold it much longer. He finally stopped, they dropped the car and he smiled and drove off. They never picked his car up again! Pranks do backfire sometimes! LOL

Last edited:

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Back in the old days you could drop a ping pong ball in the gas tank.
When it got low enough the ball would float to the pickup and block it.
Engine stalls, ball floats away, engine starts.
No damage but drove them nuts.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Used to do stuff like that at Sturgis or Daytona. See a Harley, spritz a little oil on the ground. Guy comes back and goes berserk looking for the leak. It expanded to Sauerkraut under German bikes, rice under japenese bikes, pasta under Italian bikes.
Had a guy put rice under my MotoGuzzi once. When I saw it, I laughed and said only an ignorant Harley rider would put rice under a pasta machine. The next day they left a jar of Ragu. I stated the no self respecting Italian aficionado would be caught dead with jar sauce.

OP
OP
S

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a superintendent on a construction site that was all wound up all the time. He drove a company truck. 2000 Dakota 5 speed manual. When he was in the house I put a 2X4 block under his gas pedal.Kinda funny watching him take off and jerking and stuff in gear. He got out and accused me of messing with his brakes. I pulled out the block and he says"Are you trying to kill me?" I said "At 2 MPH?" I also wrote "Gas SavR" on the block.

OP
OP
S

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
One of our bosses has what we call a "boat horn" a can of air with a trigger and device that gives a LOUD , Brrrnt sound. Water skiers use these when the skier goes down. I work for a highway paint striping company. One day one of the foremen was sitting on a 5 gallon bucket and had the control panel on the paint truck open and was playing with the wires. I was real junior at the time and grabbed the horn, I elbowed two other foremen to watch, I got behind the Foreman playing with the wires and BRRRRRNT! He came off that bucket a full foot still looking like he was sitting, and gave me the dirtiest look, I probably would have got fired if it were not for the other two foreman behind me laughing so hard. I think he figured they put me up to it, so nothing was said.

OP
OP
S

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
One day I found a roll of Black Flash Tape in a parking lot, and stashed it in a tool box. Some time later my Foreman fell asleep while I was working. So I got out the Flash tape, and taped the truck doors so that he couldn't get out. After he woke up, and finally managed to extricate himself out of a window, to find out he got taped in, he actually gave me credit for the prank!

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
My old PD did not have take home cars so you drove whatever was in the lot. Cops are slobs, we had cars with ants. So to fix the slobs we would clean out the trash and shove it in the last assigned officers mailbox.
Failing that, a little OC rubbed under the door handle always guaranteed a laugh when the driver picked his nose 15 minutes into the shift...
This is true....I did that with their stuff they left in the car. Stetson's to half full soda cups.....all went in their mail slots. One time I put all the trash into an evidence bag and then wrote up everything on the evidence bag like it was going to be included in a case and placed in it said persons file cabinet drawer. He put it back in my file drawer with a nasty little side note on it...It went back in his file drawer with a slightly more condescending note written back on it.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
lol. Not a prank but funny story that happened to me about a month ago. I was sitting on my boat and have a recessed panel with cup holders just below my knee. I had 2 air horn cans in there. My wife was helping me look for wires and I squeezed over and hit the cans with my knee and wedged them in the recessed area and at least one of them started blasting. We both jumped and it took a second to realize it was even us that caused it. I grabbed the airhorn and pulled out out to unwedge it. Looked up and a bunch of people at or marina was staring at us. I waved and laughed...lol

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
One of the funniest pranks I ever witnessed was not vehicle related. High rise construction site. Only 2 portapotties for a huge crew on the down ramp for the underground parade. Blocks to level them on the downside. Site foreman kept a lock on 1 portapotty and only he used it. Few guys got together and cut the lock off and swapped it. He had to go and was forced to use the insanely over filled other one. They knocked it over with him in it. He was covered and furious.few days later there was 4 portapotties and no locks. Cleaned more often too.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I use to work at a gas station when I was 16 years old, when they were full service. I remember 3 guys that would come and hang around and playfully mess with people (before it was called offending).lol There was an old man with a Volkswagen Beetle (bug) that was a regular customer that always came there to get gas and get fluids checked. Every time he'd get ready to leave these 3 guys would pick up the back of his bug and hold it off the ground so he couldn't leave till they let it down. They did it all the time just to aggravate him. Well he came in one time and I was filling up his car with gas, I whispered to him that when they picked his car up to put it in reverse and make them hold it. His eyes lite up, he never thought of that before and he couldn't wait. Sure enough when they picked it up he threw that thing in reverse and nailed it and yelled as loud as he could "Let er down now boys". I yelled at them not to cause it was in reverse. He made them hold it till I ask him to please stop because they wasn't going to be able to hold it much longer. He finally stopped, they dropped the car and he smiled and drove off. They never picked his car up again! Pranks do backfire sometimes! LOL
Couple of my uncles (we're stout people lol) did this to my great aunt's Chevette. She went to drive away and they picked up the back end; she damn near got to 3rd gear (4sp manual) sitting still with the @ss in the air :roflsquared:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Back in automotive tech school almost 40 years ago, we played quite a few pranks. We put a turn signal flasher in the B+ wire on a guys ignition coil. Drove him nuts trying to figure out why ii would run, almost die, run, almost die .... Another guy we took out his drive shaft. Left it leaning against the wall behind his car. He didn't notice it for like an hour as he went nuts screaming someone stole his driveshaft.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Here are a few more. A friend of ours got married back around mid-90's. We all left the reception and they went to the hotel. We showed up a little later and completely covered her car in post-its, chalk paint and toilet paper. Covered the windshield completely with that paint. It all washed off and was harmless but I guess he was pretty mad. His new wife was laughing and thought it was funny.

Not a prank but my son's father-in-law (who I went to school with and have known since we were little). He went to auto tech school and put the disk brake anti squeal stuff on the pad instead of the backside. He had no idea and thought thats where it went...lol

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I worked at a salvage yard I used to have a rather large collection of Chrysler scissor jacks as they had a 19mm hex on them. I would put them under control arms or axles and just slightly lift the drive tires off the ground. One time someone got a forklift out and picked up their 2wd truck by the hitch instead of just lowering the jacks. I haven't been able to do that for a long time. It was one of my favorite harmless pranks.

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
People would put a watermelon (or 1/2) under one of your drive tires. Car would just spin and spin on top of the rine.

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably 15 yrs ago worked with this guy and he had I think a 3rd gen camaro with those huge flat smoked tail light covers. One night I went out to the lot with a roll of electrical tape and proceeded to make letters that you could not see until he hit the brakes.
He drove around for a week with (Hope this does not violate the forum rules, if it does, sorry won't do it again) "MAN" on the left tail light and "LVR" on the right tail light.
The Formans thought it was hilarious .

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are a few more. A friend of ours got married back around mid-90's. We all left the reception and they went to the hotel. We showed up a little later and completely covered her car in post-its, chalk paint and toilet paper. Covered the windshield completely with that paint. It all washed off and was harmless but I guess he was pretty mad. His new wife was laughing and thought it was funny.

Not a prank but my son's father-in-law (who I went to school with and have known since we were little). He went to auto tech school and put the disk brake anti squeal stuff on the pad instead of the backside. He had no idea and thought thats where it went...lol

We cut open a bean bag chair for a guys wedding. 5 years later he still finds styrofoam.

Lee955i

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a bud of mine at work who bought a Porsche 944 as a toy. Nothing crazy, but one day I used my thumb to put some smudge marks on his windshield at eye level, and put a post it note on his drivers window that said "I Tea Bagged your door handle and windshield" :gr_grin:. He came back in laughing, called me a little a**hole, grabbed a bottle of cleaner and left :happy175: