Procharger install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thread from Sept. 2014 : http://www.ramforum.com/f44/super_charger_up_grade_0n_2013_a-54921/index3.html

My friend at a Dodge Dealership said theyve had 3 Supercharged 13+ Rams come in with broken tailshafts.

All 8 speeds? If so I guess we're starting see weak links in that trans.

Yes, 8spds.

Still sounds like its still a crap shoot to me, (with slightly better odds than a 5/6 speed)
....and with no warranty coverage on a brand new $50K toy.

Good Luck :favorites13:

My 5th 545RFE has been holding up great since May 2014
but likely because my blower has been sitting in a box in my basement since then lol

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I guess special things happen in Southern Alberta.

Not 1 person in here who runs one has said anything? Really, no one on the internets has one?

Could you give more details then about the installs and tuning since you had a hand in it and how they are driven, etc.

Thanks

Builds:
'13 RCRB, White, 2wd, 6-speed, 3.92 gears, stock engine, 3400 Edge TC, Procharger P1SC bolt-on kit, and Procharger tuning on Trinity. Weekend/fair weather driven since it's a 2wd in Alberta's winters.

'13 QCRB, Black, 4wd, 2/4 GF drop, 3.21 gears 8 speed, stock engine, Procharger P1SC tuner kit w/ SRT4 stage 1 injectors, tune by tecmotion (same guy who tuned mine) with Trinity. Daily driven year 'round

'13 QCRB, Silver, 4wd, 8speed, 4.10 gears w/ '10 axle swap, stock engine, Procharger P1SC bolt-on kit, and Procharger tuning on InTune. Daily driven year 'round.

None of the guys give 2 ***** about going to the track, truck meets, or spending time on the forums, you wouldn't believe how many of those people are out there; they just want to drive their fun vehicle. I've come across them in parking lots and the guy with the silver 4wd stopped by my condo when he saw me working under my hood wanting to know what I was running because he's driven by him several times and he drives by it all the time.

So many people who come on here get talked out of these projects by people which is why you don't see them on here. Procharger builds safe kits, it's people that want more out of their vehicles like me that break things. I'm sure if you kept RIPP's blower at their base level you wouldn't have the failures either.

When I started my build I knew I wanted an '09 quad cab 4wd that would run 12s at 3000ft in +3500DA, I'm pretty sure I'll be there this summer. Everybody else said I was crazy, I'd never get a 545rfe to handle the power, but my truck is roughly estimated at 650rwhp from the dyno tuning sessions and has been like this for 1.5 years with the same trans behind it. If you talk to Mike at L&M, ask him how many trucks are running his trans and tuning then look at how many are on this forum... 2 or 3?

I'm not trying to get into a ******* contest, but these forums flip out and cry foul when there's a single failure stating that all are the exact same yet there are plenty of people that are happily driving vehicles that we don't know about running a basic bolt-on kit. Yeah, it's not huge numbers, but that's not what everybody cares about.

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. Hopefully some of these guys running this kit will make it to the forums to share their experiences.

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi
I'm a current Procharger, Magnuson, Edelbrock authorized dealer and installer. If you stay with the supplied kits, using their supplied tunes and are happy with a 100-125 hp increase. Nothing wrong with any of them. But once you get the addiction for boost and start upgrading the kits is when your gonna start running into issues.

badvik

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a current Procharger, Magnuson, Edelbrock authorized dealer and installer. If you stay with the supplied kits, using their supplied tunes and are happy with a 100-125 hp increase. Nothing wrong with any of them. But once you get the addiction for boost and start upgrading the kits is when your gonna start running into issues.

I'm still waiting for your answer on Edelbrock ))
http://www.ramforum.com/968898-post18.html

As I said in his thread, I have 3 other blown '13 Rams around where I live and neither have had issues with the 8 speed, badvik had his issues and we can't really figured out why his failed; lets face it the translation is horrible and you can't get any real technical info about the trans from him as he's not the one working on it. We have had one 8-speed failure but it was from a bad tailshaft casting, nothing internal.

I try to explain once again, sorry for my translation ))

This ProCharger was one of the first kits fitted to RAM 13-14. Installed by a master who usually builds the SRTs and works good with the Pro. No additional coolers or smth was build to the tranny - just the Pro kit from the box. The only thing is the tune was modified, so it wasn't "just from the box". All this stuff was installed on a 4K miles RAM 1500 Sport 14 of a close friend of mine. I was always near him at the rebuilding and also driven a bit after.
I can tell you, honestly, that guy drives not accurate. His average MPG was around 8 mi in stock (but the very hard traffic condition in Moscow is to consider too)... At 6K the trans switched to service and no driving was possible at all. We haven't seen the repair docs and acts (just one with the amount paid by the seller and that was really close to the pice of trans rebuilding - near 3000 USD), the selling dealer (not official, we don't have any DODGE/RAM officials) has repaired it at ZF on its own guarantee terms. We have talked a lot with different masters and came to conclusion, taking into attention that there a lot of ZF failure cases on SRTs and 5.7 JGC which have just 5-10K on the road, that this failure was 90% caused by factory reasons too. Whenever hard you drive, it shoudn't go break in so close period and miles.
That is the story, hope, now it's clear.

p.s. RUR/USD rate is going a bit better, so I hope to that time, when Mr. Hemidup will answer all the questions above I will have collected the amount needed for Edelbrock. As I didn't like the sound of C-chargers and need more torque at the low end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VPRPWRD

VPRPWRD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3L Viper
Thanks again for all the input.

OP
OP
VPRPWRD

VPRPWRD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3L Viper
My customer green lighted the install today, as well as an 87MM TB. This should be a fun truck when we are all done. I will post a new thread with pictures of the install process.