Proflex Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Really, More horsepower and torque with 85% Ethanol....? A fuel that delivers LESS BTU's per once than gasoline? In an engine and fuel system NOT designed for E85 fuel? Not in My Truck!

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I thought you couldn't run E85 in the Hemi?

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah, your probably right. I had a bad experience with E85 in a Flex Fuel Explorer about 10 years ago. Damn near ruined the fuel system. My Bad... I just can't wrap my head around need to turbo charge the engine to push more air into it, to get to the level of pump gasoline. And pay a thousand dollars for more tuning hardware and gear, and think I'm saving anything, or gaining anything worthwhile. The cost effectiveness alone is a non starter for me. But when you have one on your truck, I'll be glad to read your postings here on the forum. I'll keep it stock for now.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I LOVE ETHANOL!!!!

but would never purchase this thing. I cannot get behind anyone that says you can see increases of 30+HP.... But there is no tuning required. That means they are just using the old school method of sending false signals to the relevant sensors to "trick" them into thinking they are operating differently.

But with proper tuning. HELL YEAH!

I made just over 420 wheel HP on my old turbo Evo.. I made the switch to E85 and conservatively ended up at just over 500 to the wheel. But it took a lot of tuning, and dyno time.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's great that it worked out for you! Just not willing to put in the time, and cash needed to get an extra few HP out of an engine that is doing everything I want it to do. On a different note, we may be the First Nation in the history of man to Burn up his food supply for Fuel....

OP
OP
N

NEhemi_man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Burn up his food supply for fuel???

You do know that soybeans/corn are a renewable energy resource and gas/oil is a non-renewable energy resource.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
Really, More horsepower and torque with 85% Ethanol....? A fuel that delivers LESS BTU's per once than gasoline? In an engine and fuel system NOT designed for E85 fuel? Not in My Truck!
It's amazing that you have such a strong opinion about something you clearly know very little about.

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered this kit for my 2.9 whipple Ram. I will let you know how it works out.

Clchase80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 426
I LOVE ETHANOL!!!!

but would never purchase this thing. I cannot get behind anyone that says you can see increases of 30+HP.... But there is no tuning required. That means they are just using the old school method of sending false signals to the relevant sensors to "trick" them into thinking they are operating differently.

But with proper tuning. HELL YEAH!

I made just over 420 wheel HP on my old turbo Evo.. I made the switch to E85 and conservatively ended up at just over 500 to the wheel. But it took a lot of tuning, and dyno time.

Proflex Commander monitors the ethanol content of your fuel and intercepts the signal to your injectors and adjusts for proper fuel flow however it does nothing for your timing. Basically you can get tuned for e85 and let's say you fill up with a winter e85 (e51), the commander will adjust accordingly. Also, you could load a 93 or a 95 tune into your car for daily driving and dump some e85 into the tank and it will still work without a retune. I will have a full e85 tune for the track with optimized timing but daily on a weaker 93 tune that I can flex fuel with e85 whenever I feel like.