Projector cutoff crooked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BucFan1224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I installed the Modifystreet projectors with 55w 600k HIDs in my truck yesterday. Once it got dark enough for me too see the cutoff the passanger side was level while the drivers was clearly angled. I had noticed it with the Spyder light I took out but figured it was just the assembly being junk.

Would it have to do with the white clip that you push up/down to lock the assembly into place? Cause the drivers side one has a crack in it. Any thoughts would help!

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I installed the Modifystreet projectors with 55w 600k HIDs in my truck yesterday. Once it got dark enough for me too see the cutoff the passanger side was level while the drivers was clearly angled. I had noticed it with the Spyder light I took out but figured it was just the assembly being junk.

Would it have to do with the white clip that you push up/down to lock the assembly into place? Cause the drivers side one has a crack in it. Any thoughts would help!
On mine one is slightly out of level as well. I'm wondering if it's a production issue...mine are both installed perfectly with all clips sockets etc
Just FYI, gonna call them and see what they have to say

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

Yes 100% that white clip is causing your issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BucFan1224

BucFan1224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
On mine one is slightly out of level as well. I'm wondering if it's a production issue...mine are both installed perfectly with all clips sockets etc
Just FYI, gonna call them and see what they have to say

I would be fine with a slight angle but mine is way off, like I had to adjust it way below the passanger side to make it look sorta level. I'm going to replace the white clip and see if that help level it out.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I would be fine with a slight angle but mine is way off, like I had to adjust it way below the passanger side to make it look sorta level. I'm going to replace the white clip and see if that help level it out.
They are not the easiest things to get back into place, I did find it best to use a wide tool, I used a gasket scraper and twist it at the very top of the white clip, if that doesn't make sense I can go shoot a pic for you it makes it slide down more evenly ..

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure all wires are clear so it can "pop" all the way in. I've had it all bolted in, had the clip locked and looked lined up but wasnt popped in near the blinker. The smallest thing can through the cutoff line off

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Make sure all wires are clear so it can "pop" all the way in. I've had it all bolted in, had the clip locked and looked lined up but wasnt popped in near the blinker. The smallest thing can through the cutoff line off

I test fit the lights with no wires in way and still had difficulty with fit, I then used powder on looms when I routed the wires to insure no interference..I just believe the fit is not within factory tolerances, but you get what you pay for I guess...my issue is definitely inside the light ie. a misalligned projector as I was able to install the lights correctly with perfect lines to all body panels and hood with even spacing etc..

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If u can get pics of the backside with dust cap off it might help. Maybe there's a way to adjust without taking the lens off

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
It's not the lights, it's the install. My truck is hard as hell to get back in right, I spend like 30 minutes on each light trying to get them right. Line them up, pull clip, light still comes right out, try again, over and over until finally the clip holds it in place. Not sure why they made this so hard to do something simple on the Ram. Kind of wish there was just a bolt on back to twist instead of the clip thing, can't see what your doing at all back there. My modifystreet lights have perfect sharp level cutoff. I had same issue on oem lights and 2 other sets of blacked out lights. If you can still pull out light when white clip is pulled down, it's installed wrong. The 19 style lights I have now have one of best cutoffs I ever seen on a light and mine have leds which are not even supposed to be ideal for projectors. So I know the fit is great.

IMG_20190425_221540.jpg

Last edited: