Proud Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikeville904

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ignition Orange Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 15 CC Sport, and have installed the McG's 2-4 drop on my truck. My question is: The front of the truck sets 'proud' over the back. I would love to get suggestions on how to level either the front down, or the back up just enough to make it level....Have thought of cutting the front springs or finding something that will bring the back up to make it level. Any thoughts.?????:confused::confused::confused:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Have you double checked that the bump stops were trimmed or replaced with the shorter ones so it's not just sitting on the stops? Any fine tuning after that would require trimming the springs but give it a few weeks for everything to settle back into place before you start trimming anything. How much is the front sitting high by?

OP
OP
P

Pikeville904

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you double checked that the bump stops were trimmed or replaced with the shorter ones so it's not just sitting on the stops? Any fine tuning after that would require trimming the springs but give it a few weeks for everything to settle back into place before you start trimming anything. How much is the front sitting high by?

The front is about an inch higher than the back...It's been about three weeks since it was installed, but has yet to "settle down". Love the drop, just not the 'proud' look of the front.
If a man were to trim the springs, how much would bring it down the inch. Don't want to take the front spring out and trim it too much and throw the suspension completely out of whack..

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The front is about an inch higher than the back...It's been about three weeks since it was installed, but has yet to "settle down". Love the drop, just not the 'proud' look of the front.
If a man were to trim the springs, how much would bring it down the inch. Don't want to take the front spring out and trim it too much and throw the suspension completely out of whack..

Important questions: 2wd or 4wd, and is it a spring drop kit or the spindle/spring kit?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Before you trim the springs, just make sure nothing is binding. Disconnect the front sway bar and see if it settles lower, the links have been known to bind on some trucks and it's an easy fix, plus you'll want to install the shorter Moog links anyway if you trim the springs some more.

To trim the springs the best way to do it is to pull them out, trim half a spring, reinstall, measure, trim more if required, repeat until happy or you've gone too far. Trim from the top of the coils so you're not touching the lower mount. It won't make a huge difference which you trim from but it's a preference I have for neatness.

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you install this yourself? The reason I ask, is cause I did a Hotchkis drop on my 1999 Dakota R/T and installed one of the front drop springs upside down which made the one side a little higher than the other. Is it possible that you installed both springs wrong?

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the chances you could post a pic? I haven't seen an orange one dropped yet, and I am dying to see it!

OP
OP
P

Pikeville904

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the chances you could post a pic? I haven't seen an orange one dropped yet, and I am dying to see it!

Would love to, but this ole 65 year old is not tech savy, I do well to wander around the net. Picture posting leaves me scratching my head saying...I do what , when.???? :roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared: