Pulsar Edge Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyd1833

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe I got a bad one, I dont know, but hooked it up for the first time today. Turned the truck back on and immediately threw a throttle body code and check engine light did not crank the motor. Shut everything down, disconnected the battery, took the edge off and waited. Hooked the battery back up after ten minutes, truck runs like crap, same error codes. Getting towed to the dealer tomorrow, hope there really isn't a "footprint" left by the pulsar.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please let us know how it goes at the dealership….

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure the connectors are fully seated and clipped in correctly? We had one customer with similar symptoms and it ended being the connectors were never fully seated and clipped in correctly during his install.

OP
OP
dirtyd1833

dirtyd1833

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure the connectors are fully seated and clipped in correctly? We had one customer with similar symptoms and it ended being the connectors were never fully seated and clipped in correctly during his install.

I made sure everything was tight, even disconnected the negative for ten minutes after it first threw codes and tried again, same results. Its at the dealer right now. They pulled about two pages of codes. All related to the ECM/TCM. They are looking, but said it looks like the computer is fried. Really hope what I hear about the Edge not leaving a footprint is true.....

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Nick are you still offering any discounts to forum members for the Pulsar??

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Any updates?

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made sure everything was tight, even disconnected the negative for ten minutes after it first threw codes and tried again, same results. Its at the dealer right now. They pulled about two pages of codes. All related to the ECM/TCM. They are looking, but said it looks like the computer is fried. Really hope what I hear about the Edge not leaving a footprint is true.....
So how did it go at the dealership??

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Just a FYI.. I have taken my pulsar off twice now for runs to dealer, its in the shop right now for tcm/towhaul button issue. Last thursday they changed my TCM due to trans issue and never said a word about anything being hooked up prior!
Tranny shifts much better but they never got the towhaul/parksense buttons working so its in for round two

TJames

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Any update?

ReconDon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My Ram PW 2017 has had the pulsar for a while but all it has been doing lately is tossing codes so I had to remove it. Same lights as you described above look to be the product itself.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
My Ram PW 2017 has had the pulsar for a while but all it has been doing lately is tossing codes so I had to remove it. Same lights as you described above look to be the product itself.
ya get rid of it diablosport u can call and they help me step by step few minnits had 91 oct all working great now ! have a i 3 unit love it wish they had a book but does tell u pretty much what to do I missed one step so then with help all went in great !