Pulsar Tuner for 6.4 is available-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much does a custom tune with programmer and PCM cost? How much gain?
Going on past experience with the 6.4 and custom tune I got an extra 55kw, or 74hp.

Thats with magnaflow cat back and intake.

Sent my pcm to tuner and had tune installed for $500....

This was before they had cracked any of the 6.4 pcms and they had to write to it directly.

Exhaust and intake around 1100.

I've never been a fan of piggyback ecus in petrol vehicles, they always seem to be a compromise. I've always had better results with stock ecu tuned.

I'll be interested in how they deal with mds....

I've used steinbauer piggybacks on big rigs with good results.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For anyone looking for a quote to preorder just message me or contact us thru the site. We will have it loaded on our site soon so eventually you can just place the order there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is Pulsar compatible with 87 octane?

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Am I dumb to assume that you’re not able to use cruise control anymore since you adjust the power level with the cruise button?

Confused.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Out of curiosity, is Pulsar compatible with 87 octane?

Yes different power levels are for different octanes. The lower settings are for 87 and 7-8 are for premium fuel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Tuner, PCM and tunes? I believe he quoted me around $1200. Plus untraceability is also a key factor of the Pulsar
That is true as far as tracing. All depends what you are comfortable with. In the for sale section here i have for much less than 1200.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
im just not sure whether to go full tune and new PCM or try the pulsar out? sounds like my BMS piggyback on my old 2016 x5 50i, which provided awesome seat of pants improvement.

but that was $600 piggyback or $2500 minimum custom tune.

now its 500 vs 1200 and the juice sounds worth the squeeze

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Going on past experience with the 6.4 and custom tune I got an extra 55kw, or 74hp.

Thats with magnaflow cat back and intake.

Do you have some dyno figures to back that up? That seems a bit remarkable based on anything I've experienced.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's in a 300srt8 not a ram.....

I traded it in on the ram a while ago, so no.

It's only 15% or so increase...

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SMuesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got mine in today. Im NOT to pleased with it so far. It does not fit well. I had to bend my AC lines back to make the harness wires sort of fit. If not there is no way it will go with the harness hooked up. I still think the wire harness connectors are touching one of the lines. The only setting I can tell any difference is in Performance and that really just feels like the pedal is more sensitive. Thats only a 10 mile run so hopefully it will get better with some miles.

Last edited:

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got mine in today. Im not to pleased with it so far. It does not fit well. I had to bend my AC lines back to make the harness wires sort of fit. If not there is no way it will go with the harness hooked up. I still think the wire harness connectors are touching one of the lines. The only setting I can tell any difference is in Performance and that really just feels like the pedal is more sensitive. Thats only a 10 mile run so hopefully it will get better with some miles.
How is it handling mds ?

Can you turn it off and if so, any problems ?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

SMuesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You can pick between Stock, Economy, Tow, or Performance, then each of those has a MDS off setting. I dont notice my MDS coming on unless im driving in the city so the drive i took tonight would not have let the MDS kick in anyway. Ill know more tomorrow after driving it to work.

SMuesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've ran the Pulsar for a few days now and in my opinion your probably just as good going with the Pedal Commander. I can tell no difference in power. The only difference I feel is the pedal is very sensitive. The truck seems to downshift more when accelerating and when the cruise is set. I had hoped I would gain some power and eliminate the constant downshifting i've had using cruise. Im not sure if maybe i need to give it a few more days to see if it will "break in" and start driving better or if this is how it is.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've ran the Pulsar for a few days now and in my opinion your probably just as good going with the Pedal Commander. I can tell no difference in power. The only difference I feel is the pedal is very sensitive. The truck seems to downshift more when accelerating and when the cruise is set. I had hoped I would gain some power and eliminate the constant downshifting i've had using cruise. Im not sure if maybe i need to give it a few more days to see if it will "break in" and start driving better or if this is how it is.

I was hoping Nick would chime in..

Not sure why the truck would downshift more as it does not tune the trans BUT the computer does have to adjust since it was reset when unplugged. So i am think the computer is still try to adapt.as far as feeling the power on level 8 its going to have 25 more hp and 40 ft lbs of tq more. So the tq should be felt. its not going to be night and day as it is a heavy truck but it should be noticeable. For the pedal being very sensitive we do have many customers run the Pulsar with a PC so as they go up in power levels they go down in settings on the PC.

SMuesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not sure why the truck would downshift more as it does not tune the trans BUT the computer does have to adjust since it was reset when unplugged. So i am think the computer is still try to adapt.as far as feeling the power on level 8 its going to have 25 more hp and 40 ft lbs of tq more. So the tq should be felt. its not going to be night and day as it is a heavy truck but it should be noticeable. For the pedal being very sensitive we do have many customers run the Pulsar with a PC so as they go up in power levels they go down in settings on the PC.

Ill get some more miles on it and see if it comes around. Thank you for your emails and working with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank