Pulsating headlights...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pipe-stretcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Greetings all,
My name is Bryan, I'm new here. I have an 08' Ram 2500 Quad cab with the Cummins 6.7. I bought it brand new, and it now has almost 240 K dependable miles on it!

I looked thru some of the previous threads to find a similar issue, but to no avail.

It's dark when I go to to work, and I drive about 20 miles thru the country to get there. Recently I've noticed (on a dark desolate road) if I crack open, or roll down a window; when I attempt to roll it back up, my headlights will begin to visibly pulsate or flicker. Sometimes it stops, other time times it does it all the way to work. It seems to be getting worse, but I'm getting no codes. I don't want it to shut down unexpectedly. My suspicion is that a new alternator may be in my future.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!
Bryan

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It could be your batteries also, if they're several years old you might want to have them checked. Check the ground cables going to the engine/body of the vehicle alao.