purple ice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnHenry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
Have used most radiator cooler additives, including Purple Ice. Dropped operating temperature on other vehicles I used it on.

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I give it a +1 from use in my last truck.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have read that you should not add it to hoat antifreeze like our trucks have not sure if it matters.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
prolly have to give it a try. thanks guys.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have heard the chemical reaction from the ICE mixed with HOAT coolant could cause excessive corrosion, not what you're looking for I'm sure.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I've used the redline water wetter which I believe is the same thing as the purple ice. It's honestly designed more for straight water use which many tracks prefer due to the slippery nature of coolant. With a thermostat inline, and a properly clean cooling system, I don't think you'll see any advantage to using this. Unless you're running straight water!!!

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I use the redline water wetter too. I can say it really makes a big difference in my vehicles over standard coolants.... but, I live in south Florida where it never gets below 40 degrees, so I run the water wetter with straight water, and, I do not use a thermostat. I run tunes on my vehicles designed around an approximate 130 degree engine operating temp. The biggest difference the water wetter makes ... compared to standard coolants, is how quickly it reacts to reject heat. On my Ram, the engine usually runs right around 132 degrees (have checked this using a digital thermometer) at normal ambient temps (75-85 degrees) when using only water wetter and water. However, when idling a lot, or driving is slow traffic, especially in hot weather, the temps usually spike up to around 150. With the redline and straight water, the temp will drop back to near 132 in approximately 2-3 blocks of cruising at 55 or greater. With most standard coolants, it can take as much as several miles to return to the normal temperature. So I'd say it's a great racing coolant, or perfect for someone like me who likes to supercool their vehicles for extended engine life. Although water wetter has water pump lubricants and anti corrosion additives, it does not protect from freezing, so you can only use it with straight water when temps will not get down to freezing if you run it on the street. I have found it makes only a degree or so of difference when used in vehicles with a stock thermostat and 50/50 antifreeze solutions, so if you're running a bone stock setup, probably not worth the $10 price.
Dave

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i am not stock. and i use regular green antifreeze 50/50,no thermostat..

i seen the water wetter too. it is a little cheaper than the purple ice.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Redline makes AWESOME stuff!

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...