Put my illicit cut relocation bracket in today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrhodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I made another order from moes last week, my illicet cut brackets came in and the hellwig sway bar and the air bags. Couldn’t be more pleased with the change it gave my Mcgaughy 2/4 kit. No more vibration or squirrely rear end. Bags helped the rough ride with all the bad roads. Now just waiting on my ARH long tubes and y pipe. After cutting 1 coil out of the rear coils I only lost 1/2 inch. Might have to cut one more to get level. On an added not the guys at moes are some of the best in customer service I’ve ever seen.

99B77B4D-E6C1-44B2-BBA0-3BEA24A95BB4.jpeg

73AA7AF9-8A96-4D41-BB90-DCA058A84CFD.jpeg

image.jpg

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Your truck look great! Everything you have done works great together, that truck belongs here in Cali! If you get a chance could I get the part number for the air bags you used? I have the same truck and the same lowering kit and I also took one coil off each spring in the rear, had to close that gap a bit. Your right though maybe one more or a half a coil would do the trick but not a have to do. What were all the ride problems you were having? Right now I tend to bottom out here and there in the rear, it gets squirrely under hard acceleration and any speed above 70 and I have no idea where the rear squeaking noise is coming from.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck looks sweet, digging the wheels and im not usually a shiny wheel fan

OP
OP
jrhodes

jrhodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I h
Your truck look great! Everything you have done works great together, that truck belongs here in Cali! If you get a chance could I get the part number for the air bags you used? I have the same truck and the same lowering kit and I also took one coil off each spring in the rear, had to close that gap a bit. Your right though maybe one more or a half a coil would do the trick but not a have to do. What were all the ride problems you were having? Right now I tend to bottom out here and there in the rear, it gets squirrely under hard acceleration and any speed above 70 and I have no idea where the rear squeaking noise is coming from.

I had a rear vibration that made me think a sling a wheel weight especially at 65-70. The rear end was tail happy to say the least and the pot holes here made me feel like it was a log wagon. The decision to do the cut brackets was because when I talked to the guys at moes he said if you go any lower that a 4in in the rear the upper control arm mount will hit the frame. Also I removed the bump stops that came with the mcgaughy kit. The air bags keep it from bottoming out. They also let me raise the rear I’ve i need to for a heavy load. Finally the sway bar really help the body roll since my truck didn’t have one. Thanks for the compliments I love these trucks there are so many ways to put your own cool on them. Your looks cool as well. Qa1 shocks are next here and then look out I’m gonna void that factory drivetrain warranty

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I h

I had a rear vibration that made me think a sling a wheel weight especially at 65-70. The rear end was tail happy to say the least and the pot holes here made me feel like it was a log wagon. The decision to do the cut brackets was because when I talked to the guys at moes he said if you go any lower that a 4in in the rear the upper control arm mount will hit the frame. Also I removed the bump stops that came with the mcgaughy kit. The air bags keep it from bottoming out. They also let me raise the rear I’ve i need to for a heavy load. Finally the sway bar really help the body roll since my truck didn’t have one. Thanks for the compliments I love these trucks there are so many ways to put your own cool on them. Your looks cool as well. Qa1 shocks are next here and then look out I’m gonna void that factory drivetrain warranty

How long did the install on the "cut brackets" take? Were they easy to set up? Can it be done without removing the rear axle?

OP
OP
jrhodes

jrhodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was the air lift 1000 for lowered trucks from moes performance

OP
OP
jrhodes

jrhodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How long did the install on the "cut brackets" take? Were they easy to set up? Can it be done without removing the rear axle?
It took me 3hrs only because my plasma cutter crapped on me. Lots of cutoff wheels and unibits I used a reamer after the small unibit and it worked out fine. You are cutting the entire upper control arm mount off and it is made of thick steal. Patients is your friend. I did not remove the rear end but I did lower it as far as I could without having to disconnect brake lines. I did take the brackets that hold the line to the frame loose for more clearance

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It took me 3hrs only because my plasma cutter crapped on me. Lots of cutoff wheels and unibits I used a reamer after the small unibit and it worked out fine. You are cutting the entire upper control arm mount off and it is made of thick steal. Patients is your friend. I did not remove the rear end but I did lower it as far as I could without having to disconnect brake lines. I did take the brackets that hold the line to the frame loose for more clearance

Thanks for the info it will really help me out. I don't mind taking all apart and hanging the axle on stands but I would rather not disconnect the brake lines.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for the info it will really help me out. I don't mind taking all apart and hanging the axle on stands but I would rather not disconnect the brake lines.

Pull the diff cover,pop the axles out ,unbolt the backing plates from diff,and leave the brakes and backing plates attached to the truck is the easiest way to pull the rearend out . I've done a few Illicit brackets now,and it's definitely easier to do with the housing out from under the truck.Also a good time to change diff fluid.If you don't have access to a cutting torch or plasma cutter,go rent one.You can't make all the cuts you need with a cut-off disc,there's a couple cuts that are virtually impossible to make with a cut-off disc.

Last edited:

Simpsj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for install instructions for illicit cut brackets. Rather not wing it if i dont have to.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956