Question about 2012 - 2015 Ram seat airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGDX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone. New to forum. 2014 Ram Quad Cab SLT 5.7 Hemi owner. I've searched already to find a thread that could answer my question with no luck.

I have cloth seats and want to go with leather seats from Clazzio or Katzkin.

Problem is the seats in all the new Rams from 2013 to 2015 have AIRBAGS in the seats!? There s an "Airbag" tag on both my front seats.

Will aftermarket leather seat covers still allow my seat airbags to deploy in an emergency!!!!? I really want to customize my interior but my families safety comes before style.

Any takers on this question?

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
They use stitching that is designed to give when the airbags deploy.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
you should verify with the mfg of the aftermarket seat covers if they would work with your oem airbags

it is your families lives on the line, i would not trust words written on the interwebz

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
you should verify with the mfg of the aftermarket seat covers if they would work with your oem airbags

it is your families lives on the line, i would not trust words written on the interwebz
How about you do a search for clazzio or katzkin and airbag and get back to us okay?

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
with the clazzio do you actually replace the factory covers like you do with katzkin?

OP
OP
B

BIGDX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
with the clazzio do you actually replace the factory covers like you do with katzkin?

Good question. Going to research it now......

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think you do. Looking at some of their install videos, you put it on over your stock seat cover.

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, both covers go on replacing the factory seat covers. I researched this quite a while ago but ended up going a different route. Both covers have the seam in them to rip apart when an airbag deploys. Both are good options. The katzkin are even marketed by Chrysler.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The katzkin seats have the pockets sown into the covers for the airbags.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
I had Clazzio's on my last truck (for sale in that section) and can say with confidence that they are true covers that tightly fit over your factory fabric. They are designed to work with side airbags by having a different stitching that breaks when the airbag is deployed. They are great options for good looking seats and they are safe. I really enjoyed the price difference compared to the KatSkins.