Question about quad cab seat belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
So I have a set of leather quad cab seats and console I am going to be swapping into my 94 standard cab soon. Mounting them is no problem, just going to cut and weld the brackets to the right length. Problem is I am too fat for the integrated seat belts lol. Does anyone know if it's ok to just cut the seat belts and let them retract into the seat? is there any kind of pre-tensioner that could explode or cause a problem?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They make seatbelt extenders for that reason. Some guys buy them just to bypass the seatbelt warning.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks like this.
downloadfile-1.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
I knew about the extenders. Word on the street is the dealers gave them away when the trucks were new if you asked for them. I would rather use the seatbelts that are already there if possible. I would eventually like to adapt the adjustable seat belts from the 98+ standard cabs but that can wait. I may still buy an extender and try it first.