Question about the key and a keyless start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I have a weird question.

Has anyone made their ram into a keyless start where they used one of the chips inside a key to make it where they don't need to insure a key to start? Just basically get in and turn a knob to get it to start.

Sorry I it doesn't make sense but I know what I'm looking for it's just hard to describe.

For those who are asking, I'm getting a Viper security system and don't want to have to carry around 2 big fobs.

Sent via a black hole.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
If you're doing what I think your trying to do, they have bypass systems designed for this so you don't have to make your vehicle a thiefs dream. Here is a link to a website explaining how they work. If this isn't what you're trying to do sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase.
Do I need a Bypass Module? CLICK HERE

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had a Viper/python remote start/keyless entry installed in my 14 Express last Saturday. They used the bypass module. I can start the truck, but there's no way to make off with it, unless I put the key in and turn it to run when I get in. Super convenient.

OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're doing what I think your trying to do, they have bypass systems designed for this so you don't have to make your vehicle a thiefs dream. Here is a link to a website explaining how they work. If this isn't what you're trying to do sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase.

Do I need a Bypass Module? CLICK HERE

Yeah unfortunately that's not what I was looking for. I don't think I'm gonna be able to find exactly what I want so I'm gonna have to get a key without the lock and unlock buttons then. Thanks anyways!

I just had a Viper/python remote start/keyless entry installed in my 14 Express last Saturday. They used the bypass module. I can start the truck, but there's no way to make off with it, unless I put the key in and turn it to run when I get in. Super convenient.

Yeah the bypass isn't what I need exactly. I'm just gonna have to get another key that doesn't have the lock and unlock button. Thanks anyways

Sent via a black hole.

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can also integrate an aftermarket remote start with your current keyless entry fob. Is THAT what you're trying to do?

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like you are looking more for a push start type of thing? Not so much turn a knob once you are inside.

OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can also integrate an aftermarket remote start with your current keyless entry fob. Is THAT what you're trying to do?

There is also a bypass module for that.

No, Sorry I know it's hard to explain it. Basically what I was trying to do is not have to carry 2 fobs around and have it where I had a turn knob to start, similar to a push to start. I don't think there's any way of getting around having 2 fobs, as my factory key only has lock and unlock, nothing else. Thanks anyways.

Sounds like you are looking more for a push start type of thing? Not so much turn a knob once you are inside.

Similar to that, but so where I didn't have to carry an extra key fob (Alarm key fob instead of truck key fob)

Do they make an aftermarket PtS on out trucks?

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're not understanding what I'm trying to say I suppose. They can integrate an aftermarket remote start using your existing key fob. I know you only have lock, unlock and panic buttons. Basically, to start the truck, you press the lock button on your existing factory key fob, 3 times and the truck starts. Press it 3 more times and it shuts off.

OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're not understanding what I'm trying to say I suppose. They can integrate an aftermarket remote start using your existing key fob. I know you only have lock, unlock and panic buttons. Basically, to start the truck, you press the lock button on your existing factory key fob, 3 times and the truck starts. Press it 3 more times and it shuts off.

That make sense. They can do that with the Viper systems? I never knew they could do the remote start like that on them. I'll have to ask the guys who are doing it if they can do it.
Thanks!

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
theres an aftermarket remote start that intergrates with your key fob you hit lock 3 times it starts you get in and just insert your key turn to on and go or hit brake to turn off i love it works great and tok 5 mins to install

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i believe you are looking for one of these:

Welcome to Advanced Keys

you will still have to carry a little fob in your wallet.

i would look into the system that is talked above where you press the lock button 3x to start the truck remotely. if you want something a little more pair it with a viper smart start and you basically have the u-connect phone app.