Questions you should know the answers to but don't... Post here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sure that would be only the rear wheels

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Big Horn with the 4auto xfer case... Does the front driveshaft spin when in 2wd mode?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes.

You mean spin freely? Like you can reach under there and spin it by hand? Yes. When you are driving it won't be spinning.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes.

You mean spin freely? Like you can reach under there and spin it by hand? Yes. When you are driving it won't be spinning.

I should have specified does it spin while driving, but you answered both possibilities anyway :) Thanks.

An addendum to the question - when the axle is engaged (i.e. 4-Auto or 4-Lock are selected) but there is no rear wheel spin to actually engage the front wheels, does the driveshaft spin while driving THEN? or is it just locked onto the xfer case but the xfer case doesnt spin it up until there is rear wheel slip?

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
You can throw an SRT filter on it. I forget the model # though. I have one on my HD. $13 bucks. Better flow and filtering.

Part # 5038041AA is the SRT filter. I used them for a time, no complaints.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wait, that's an oil filter, never mind

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Very important question... Why isn't this thread "stickied"?

I smell a lot of useful info in this thread.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very important question... Why isn't this thread "stickied"?

I smell a lot of useful info in this thread.
I figured I wasn't the only new guy and figured lots of questions that most felt were too stupid to ask would feel comfortable like this, lol

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So things I should know but don't.... why is my wife pissed at me.:33:

You're a man - that's why she's pissed at you! And being a man, you will NEVER know the real reason.
It's part of the mysterious female handbook (that men are NEVER, EVER privy to) that she can be pissed
at ANYTHING (or NOTHING) at ANYTIME.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I figured I wasn't the only new guy and figured lots of questions that most felt were too stupid to ask would feel comfortable like this, lol
I took a peak at your profile and turns out you’re a doctor! I expect dumb questions from us regular folk, but a doctor??? What’s this world coming to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You're a man - that's why she's pissed at you! And being a man, you will NEVER know the real reason.
It's part of the mysterious female handbook (that men are NEVER, EVER privy to) that she can be pissed
at ANYTHING (or NOTHING) at ANYTIME.
What is freeing is when you stop caring LOL. Like a Ton of weight lifted off your shoulders ha ha ha. That’s the key to happiness. It’s not caring about the reason

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took a peak at your profile and turns out you’re a doctor! I expect dumb questions from us regular folk, but a doctor??? What’s this world coming to?

While I'm skilled in my field trucks are completely new to me...

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

How do you think doctors get smart ?? They ask questions, even the stupid ones.....so they have the answers later when needed.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Got a question: My Laramie with the 8.4 Nav; how the hell does one turn the radio off? I mean, i can push the button below the screen that says "screen off" or whatever or i can hit the mute button but there is no actual knob or button to turn the radio off. What do you use?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My new truck had the dealer transfer invoice under the passenger seat. There was an extra charge on it for mud flaps and nitro locks dealer installed. The dealer that sold me the truck doesn't know what nitro locks are and neither do I. Any ideas. Flaps and locks were a 700 charge to my dealer.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this should be interesting

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bed slide... Who's got one and what do ya think?

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a question: My Laramie with the 8.4 Nav; how the hell does one turn the radio off? I mean, i can push the button below the screen that says "screen off" or whatever or i can hit the mute button but there is no actual knob or button to turn the radio off. What do you use?

You don't! There's no way to turn the radio off. It's the same way in my wife's '15 Jeep Cherokee

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My new truck had the dealer transfer invoice under the passenger seat. There was an extra charge on it for mud flaps and nitro locks dealer installed. The dealer that sold me the truck doesn't know what nitro locks are and neither do I. Any ideas. Flaps and locks were a 700 charge to my dealer.

How fast do your door locks operate? Are they REALLY REALLY fast? Like....nitrous injected door locks would be? :)

Im just gonna throw out a guess: nitrogen air in the tires + wheel locks = nitro locks "package".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441