Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65GMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've been needing to replace my radiator for some time. O'Reilly list two different ones when I give them my truck information. 2010 Ram 1500 5.7 4x4 quad cab. One's 153 and ones 192 dollars but they don't know why or whats different between the two. Eas wondering if anyone else has had this issue or what the difference might be. They ordered them both but only one came In. Was going to compare them in the store. I asked if it was a difference between warranties and they said no.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe the higher price one is heavier duty, also is it the same Manufacturer.

OP
OP

65GMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same manufacture does not list any difference as far a duty or standard. Thinking one is the pin mount style and the other mounts a different way? Don't know why Ram would have two different ways to mount the radiator to the truck for the same engine configuration

OP
OP

65GMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
co-pilot couldn't tell a difference looking at them In the store. Went with the cheaper one. Got it home transferred some of the little parts like the bolt hold downs etc to the new one. Installed works perfectly.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Maybe it has to do with the "Heavy duty cooling" you get with the tow package. I dont think that changes the actual size of the radiator. But it has something to do with the transmission, and the cooling for that. there are extra mounts of something for an Aux tranny cooler that attaches to said brackets.

Just thinking out loud hear.

OP
OP

65GMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LeesEvox your probably right. Folks at the Whitesboro Orielly ain't got a clue so they don't even know what their selling they just know the price.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't buy radiators from an auto parts store

There are many true radiator shops
All they do is clean out radiators & repair them
If it is unrepairable, they just call a Radiator Wholesaler.
Radiators are made of 3 parts
2 tanks & a core

Anyone of those parts can be ordered through the manufacturer ie:
Griffin, Spectrum, United, etc.

You can buy a complete radiator through a radiator shop & pay less than what the auto parts store will charge, mostly because of their rent or leases, lots of overhead

vdemarco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a rad for out 2011 Durango with a 5.7 for 80 at RockAuto. The OEM one was like 357 or something. There were cheaper ones too, i got the most popular middle of the road version.