Radio issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cruising down the freeway today and my radio audio cut off. Sirus still displayed the song that was playing. I thought Sirus blinked but I selected FM and the station appeared but no audio. I then selected APS for my USB tunes and again no audio.
When I exited the freeway and stopped at a light I shut the truck off and restarted it. Audio came back
Truck is a 2021 3500. I'm happy that I have sounds again but what would cause this? First time for this. Should I expect more trouble or is this a common occurrence?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Cruising down the freeway today and my radio audio cut off. Sirus still displayed the song that was playing. I thought Sirus blinked but I selected FM and the station appeared but no audio. I then selected APS for my USB tunes and again no audio.
When I exited the freeway and stopped at a light I shut the truck off and restarted it. Audio came back
Truck is a 2021 3500. I'm happy that I have sounds again but what would cause this? First time for this. Should I expect more trouble or is this a common occurrence?

My 2021 Rebel has done something like that, randomly.
driving on he highway, nav showing me in wrong area, radio stopped working(had sirus on the time), then switched to my phone.
I pulled over, turned off the truck, didn't really help. Next morning everything was fine again.

Done that 3-4 times in last year or so. My guess, a bug in uconnect, something is triggered it.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2014 with the 8.4 Unconnect, XM, etc. probably did something similar at least 50X over 7years and then finally gave out and needed to be replaced. Was mine flawed from the start? Maybe/probably.... Keep in mind 50X in 7 years was average once every couple months so I never really knew what to do. Stopping/starting always fixed it. Finally, the unit would just shut down for several minutes then restart and I got an error message to "see dealer" so I did and the unit was replaced under extended warranty. Getting a picture of the error message was very helpful in getting the dealer to get authorization for the warranty replacement fwiw.

OP
OP
odinjunior

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys. Mine displayed no error message. Good idea to take a picture of the screen I will try to remember to do that. Now that the ice has been broken I'll watch and wait.