Radio sound cuts in and out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieRider2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Has anyone here had issues with their OEM head unit sound cutting in and out while in operation? Mine jumps between speaker locations without warning (usually LF and RF), but a good push on the display face will usually bring the sound back. Anybody else seen this...is it fixable or is it time for a new head unit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
If you don't have the infinity system, just go ahead and get yourself a good aftermarket head unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FrankieRider2

FrankieRider2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Unfortunately, tommy...that's what I do have. It's looking like a reman radio for me in the near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I'm not all too informative on the infinity system, but a guy I work with had his head unit changed out for a pioneer unit, and ended up blowing all his speakers. So if you do go that right, might be a good idea to change out the the speakers at the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

rammy98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Sounds like a wires grounding out. Best thing to do if you can afford it is to buy a new head unit. If u like the stock one then you or someone will have to trouble shoot and find the problem. I would definitely upgrade my speakers too. But you dont have to. Not sure why the other guys speakers blew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500