Ram 1500 Fuel Level Sensor Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andler2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 2014 Ram 1500 that I bought with about 51k miles on it. I had it for about 2 months when I got the CEL for P0463. It came and went intermittently depending on how much fuel was in the tank. I found that if I consistently treated the tank to a bottle of Techron, that the CEL would go away with no issues.

With the time that I've had the truck, it seems like there is an issue with the contacts on the fuel level float that provide the proper OHM readings for the fuel level gauge. It seems like they're not built to handle the gasoline that is being provided to the pumps and is corroding the contacts and causing these errors across the board.

I found an interesting description of a Delphi Replacement Assembly PN# FG1354 on Showmetheparts.com that says "Fuel level goldfilled sensors provide improved resistance to suflur corrosion and heat resistance". It would seem that I might be on to something.

Has anyone actually dropped their own tank yet to get a first hand look at the issue with the contacts on the float? Or maybe replaced their own assembly, or know the part number of the new assembly that was replaced into your truck if taken to a dealer? My last resort is taking it to a dealer to have them try and tell me it needs a whole new assembly.

rsdata

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 BigHorn 1500 8spd 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I now have this same issue...

did you get any answers to your questions?