Ram 2018 Air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wim Desmet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys,

Does anyone know where to find a kit to lower the stock air suspension ?
I know there is a small kit.

Tnx

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys,

Does anyone know where to find a kit to lower the stock air suspension ?
I know there is a small kit.

Tnx

Um, I know they make those aftermarket links but depending on how much lower you’re wanting to lower it, you’re probably gonna be bouncing the suspension off the bump stops a whole lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Wim Desmet

Wim Desmet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well I search for that aftermarket stuff, I don't care about bumping :)
Any chance you know a supplier?

SoCA Cameron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am also looking to lower (4/6 Drop) my 2017 Limited with factory air ride. I have called Inez and Moe Performance. Neither have a kit (or solution) that support the factory air ride. I am looking to lower more than what the adjustable links provide.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also looking to lower (4/6 Drop) my 2017 Limited with factory air ride. I have called Inez and Moe Performance. Neither have a kit (or solution) that support the factory air ride. I am looking to lower more than what the adjustable links provide.

I honestly don’t know. That kit I linked is all I’m aware of, just short of converting to a spring ride or selling that truck for one that don’t have air suspension.

SoCA Cameron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, it looks like that kit will give me 2 to 2.5 inches, but when its that low the ride is like its sitting on the bump stops. Maybe I can just relocate the sir spring mounting points and just have some fabrication done.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, it looks like that kit will give me 2 to 2.5 inches, but when its that low the ride is like its sitting on the bump stops. Maybe I can just relocate the sir spring mounting points and just have some fabrication done.

Yeah I know, that’s what I told that other person. It’s almost not even worth it to use that kit unless you’re ok with your truck riding like some hooptie on hydraulics that has no suspension at all. Lol.

But the back might be easy to fabricate some brackets but because the front uses a strut, I have no idea how you’d relocate that, or even set it up to where it’s top mounting point is higher, or the lower mounting point lower- and keep your front suspension geometry the same.

SoCA Cameron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After some research, It looks like I can just replace the airshocks/springs with shorter ones and use the normal 4X4 4/6 drop kit. Ridetech has the shorter airssprings

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After some research, It looks like I can just replace the airshocks/springs with shorter ones and use the normal 4X4 4/6 drop kit. Ridetech has the shorter airssprings

Guess I don’t know which system you were looking at but the stuff I saw on their webpage didn’t look like it would work with the factory air ride system. Which kit you lookin at?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't the factory air suspension adjustable for ride height?

It is, to a point. You got entry/exit mode, normal height, aero mode, off-road one and two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956