Ram 2500 level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, new to the forum!

I just got a new to me 2019 2500 6.4 CC. I’m new to the HD scene and am wanting to level(lift). Been leaning towards a 2.5” with 1” rear spacer to keep rake for towing but am concerned about the caster. Will the lift throw it off? Have been thinking of going 3.5”with 2” rear with arm drop brackets as well. Is the 3.5” the better option being it has the drop brackets to help geometry and such?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Caster yes. Camber will be fine. You will have a bit more wondering but should not be huge with these trucks long radius arms. Those brackets are fantastic as they do get the caster back in line. Guess it all depends on tire size, how tall you are willing to go.
This is from Jeep experience. Have not lifted my 2500… yet.

OP
OP
R

Reaper44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you’re right, I meant caster. I’m going to get 35’s for starters but there is a possibility of 37’s in the distant future. Depends how long it takes to want a change in look. 37’s will fit 2.5” but I’ve read that’ll take some substantial trimming and folding pinch welds. That being said, might be worth extra cost to get the 3.5 then to be set up for future and easier alignment?

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would go three inch Thuren kit. Fox shocks. New springs in the back. Get the radius arm drop from currie. That’s who I think makes it. These are the items in my list. Will ride better than factory but you will lose payload.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Caster yes. Camber will be fine. You will have a bit more wondering but should not be huge with these trucks long radius arms. Those brackets are fantastic as they do get the caster back in line. Guess it all depends on tire size, how tall you are willing to go.
This is from Jeep experience. Have not lifted my 2500… yet.
The biggest thing is you have a gas truck everything you find online is going to be for diesels you didn’t do anything wrong it’s just the business. If you move forward on your own you’ll be back on here talking about the stiff ride so I highly recommend reaching out to @Nick@GotExhaust he can set you up with exactly what you need at a forum member discount

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The biggest thing is you have a gas truck everything you find online is going to be for diesels you didn’t do anything wrong it’s just the business. If you move forward on your own you’ll be back on here talking about the stiff ride so I highly recommend reaching out to @Nick@GotExhaust he can set you up with exactly what you need at a forum member discount
Really? I know companies like the one I mentioned earlier thuren provide selections for both gas and diesel. Assuming Different engineered spring rates and not just shorter vs taller. For instance, 3” for gas and 2” for diesel.

OP
OP
R

Reaper44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s not entirely true, I’ve seen several different packages for the 6.4 online, unless 99% of the companies have them mislabeled on their websites. As for ride quality I bought it to tow a trailer not ride like a pillow so Cadillac but I will admit it is a good ride as is. Have driven several F350/450 and Dodge 5500’s over the years for work so I’m not too worried about it being on the stiff side. Just concerned about the caster aspect. Not looking to break the bank either

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
That’s not entirely true, I’ve seen several different packages for the 6.4 online, unless 99% of the companies have them mislabeled on their websites. As for ride quality I bought it to tow a trailer not ride like a pillow so Cadillac but I will admit it is a good ride as is. Have driven several F350/450 and Dodge 5500’s over the years for work so I’m not too worried about it being on the stiff side. Just concerned about the caster aspect. Not looking to break the bank either
i didnt say they didnt make them I said the majority that you'll find are for diesels.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Really? I know companies like the one I mentioned earlier thuren provide selections for both gas and diesel. Assuming Different engineered spring rates and not just shorter vs taller. For instance, 3” for gas and 2” for diesel.
some co exist and some are for gas and for diesel depending on the company. different manufactures list things all different ways. I can say that I get messages on here and instagram daily about stiff rides and undesired heights. So be warned and read carefully. Personally I use the forum member discount and get my stuff through @Nick@GotExhaust that ensures the parts are correct

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
some co exist and some are for gas and for diesel depending on the company. different manufactures list things all different ways. I can say that I get messages on here and instagram daily about stiff rides and undesired heights. So be warned and read carefully. Personally I use the forum member discount and get my stuff through @Nick@GotExhaust that ensures the parts are correct

This is great info here. Read the fine print on parts. There are many more that are for the diesel than there are for the gas motors. Also if they dont list which engine it is for it is usually rated for the diesel which is much heavier so they have a stiffer spring rate. This will ride extremely firm for the hemi.

let us know if we can help, just send me a message

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i didnt say they didnt make them I said the majority that you'll find are for diesels.
Well you used the phrase “everything is for diesel” (paraphrasing) so that trigger us gassers. Ha. Sure we are the minority but manufactures are beginning to cater. Love for some 6.4 users to chime in. My guess is lower end/high volume lift manufacturers produces a less desirable ride. Hate to drop names but not touching RC.
Let’s hear from some experience. Did you lift 2.5”? Any caster adjustments?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
You truck will take 35s with no modifications. I am not a fan of messing around with lifts etc on a vehicle primarily intended to be used for highway and towing use like you have indicated. Way too many guys have issues towing after lifts are put on, especially in the wind we have here, and that is on top of worse gas mileage due to more rolling resistance and even more air getting under the truck.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From my understanding, thurens 3” lift coils for the hemi are the same exact spring/part number as the 2” springs for the diesel. I would think they would take a little different spring rate, but im also assuming they know what the heck they are doing, too…so maybe its not as big of a difference as one would think ?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Well you used the phrase “everything is for diesel” (paraphrasing) so that trigger us gassers. Ha. Sure we are the minority but manufactures are beginning to cater. Love for some 6.4 users to chime in. My guess is lower end/high volume lift manufacturers produces a less desirable ride. Hate to drop names but not touching RC.
Let’s hear from some experience. Did you lift 2.5”? Any caster adjustments?
I was only trying to give you a heads up as I get messages daily because people go on the internet and order stuff because the website said it would work. If any shop would install Rough Country they clearly are not a reputable place. (Period)
Your magic number is 2.3” if you stay below the magic number you can get a budget friendly leveling kit.
The 2.5” requires a track bar which will increase the price however it’s highly recommended.
If I had your truck I would do a thuren kit with their trackbar fox shocks and their swaybar with endlinks. It rides extremely well.

To clarify, yes Diesel and gas do share springs in cases were the springs have progressive rates. And other springs say they do but have undesirable ride characteristics. Thuren and BDS use the same spring part numbers and they both use high quality materials.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank quick_shifter. Not to hijack the OP but this is all good info. Any thoughts on the carli commuter particularly with R2 rear springs?
You truck will take 35s with no modifications. I am not a fan of messing around with lifts etc on a vehicle primarily intended to be used for highway and towing use like you have indicated. Way too many guys have issues towing after lifts are put on, especially in the wind we have here, and that is on top of worse gas mileage due to more rolling resistance and even more air getting under the truck.
This has always been my concern. Don’t tow a lot but want my capacity when need. I am in fact running 35x11.5 currently with no lift. Call it posing but everyone has their taste for a certain look.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thank quick_shifter. Not to hijack the OP but this is all good info. Any thoughts on the carli commuter particularly with R2 rear springs?

This has always been my concern. Don’t tow a lot but want my capacity when need. I am in fact running 35x11.5 currently with no lift. Call it posing but everyone has their taste for a certain look.
The carli commuter kits are absolutely great. There is no negatives to discuss. Carli and Thuren both are fantastic options priced very close to each other and hold the bench mark of the higher end kits for soft/capable characteristics. Of course everyone has their own opinions just like sight and hearing. Feel is just as objective to each persons experience being slightly different