Ram 5.2 help with power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrance.skidgel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
I have a 97 dodge ram 1500 5.2 manual single cab, I put in intake and exhaust, plugs and wires what else can I do to gain a little more power? I have a grand to spend on this. I tryd the cam idea but new vavpe springs are required and I don't want to replace the springs until I either rebuild the engine when it gives out or a different engine.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How many miles, I had a 5.2 that was very sluggish, make sure that all the vacuum lines are not rotten, if they are either replace or cap them. Also I ran about a can of fuel injector cleaner, like seafoam. Mine ran much better with vacuum line restore and seafoam.

What my suggestion, is make sure the engine is ship shape, before modify anything. You also have to remember the truck is nearly 20 years old.

Have you done cap and rotor as well as plugs and wires?

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check to see if there is oil in the bottom of the intake manifold. If there, is, time for a new plenum gasket....

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
^^ to follow up what this guy said you can pull your TB off and see if you can see oil pooling in your intake.