RAM CARES and DRAG LINK RECALL !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not an issue with my updated replacement so far. It's been replaced for about 3 months now, and I've been driving the truck a fair amount.

Rockit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pardon my ignorance but everyone here waiting over one year why not just purchase an aftermarket trac bar or is it a different piece

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Because it's free with the recall, and it's a factory approved and installed part, which makes me feel better about any future issues that may come up.

bartbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Update: Both the Pueblo Ram dealer and Ram called Friday (Aug 16). Pueblo has the draglink in. Scheduled for replacement on August 16th.

Ram offered the service of a loaner vehicle and Pueblo offered an alignment!

DodgeDude1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had the recall done in fall 2019 on my 2014 2500 6.7 with the idiotic weld. Fast forward to about a month and a half ago I notice the tires wearing on (it had too much toe in, as the outside edge was wearing). Had it in the dealer for another issue and asked them to do the alignment. I purposely wanted them to do it because of the weld.
I had gotten a call from the dealer saying the truck was done and there was nothing wrong with the alignment, just the tires needed to be rotated more. well here’s the thing, the tires were put on in October 2020. I only live 2.5 miles from work, so my weekly miles is maybe 50-75 and that was only till December because my wife died and I started driving her Jeep. Tires had maybe 1000 miles on them.
It took several repair shops that would touch the truck because of the welds and charged me extra to grind them off & do the alignment....which was off.

it was my understanding the weld was temporary till the replacement piece was available, was that not the case Ram Cares ?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
it was my understanding the weld was temporary till the replacement piece was available, was that not the case Ram Cares ?
I don't know the answer to your question as far as Ram considering the weld a temporary fix, but I do know that once the weld is removed, it can not be welded again per Ram. One time only thing. That's why my truck got the updated part.

DodgeDude1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don’t see why it would be 1 & done. But if that is the case, that’s why they didn’t want to **** with the alignment

bartbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Update: Had the drag-link replaced at the Pueblo Ram dealership today (8/16/21). Also had the alignment redone.

Bonus: I replaced the CCV filter a year ago but couldn't clear the "Perform maintenance" from the display on startup. Had them clear that, also at no charge.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
For anyone that has had the drag link replaced by FCA, are you experiencing any clunk/popping sound in the front end when turning?
Mine has been doing it for a while now and I could swear its the new drag link? Just read were at least one person has had an issue on a 2019.

Anyone know ( @RamCares ) if they warranty replacement parts and if so for how long? Mine was replaced back around last October time frame so it's less then a year old.

Mine has been replaced for going on a year now, no issues.

Rockit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Because it's free with the recall, and it's a factory approved and installed part, which makes me feel better about any future issues that may come up.
Have you looked at the stock track bar and compared it to an aftermarket bar like the Thuren ir carli? Never understood how some people put so much faith in the oem parts and do not realize they (oem's) usually try to make the least expensive part that gets the job done . The stock bar is junk anyway giving it a terrible ride unless you replace springs and supporting components to make ride the way it should from the factory

*** EDITED BY A MODERATOR, MEMBER-BASHING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AS PER FORUM RULES ***

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Have you looked at the stock track bar and compared it to an aftermarket bar like the Thuren ir carli? Never understood how some people put so much faith in the oem parts and do not realize they (oem's) usually try to make the least expensive part that gets the job done . The stock bar is junk anyway giving it a terrible ride unless you replace springs and supporting components to make ride the way it should from the factory

This thread pertains to the drag link. There is nothing wrong with the oem trac bar.

ashman155

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I Had an issue with the nut under the seat for removing the jack for changing tires. it took me and my kid 3 hrs trying to get it out. There was some kind of gunk on the threads and I had to use vice grips and I tell you you could only move the wing nut so much. I got peeved about it got a hold of Customer care and they responded with a BS so sorry you need to place the jack and other parts some other place in the truck, but where. So I got peeved with their reply and I found the email address for the head honcho, sent him the response and question I had for Customer care along with the case file number. I thought yeah right i wouldn't get a reply, boy was I wrong two days later I got a call from the number two man himself , very apologetic about the response I got from Customer Service and he told me there never had a complaint about that. This fellow agreed with me when I told him are you going to stand in the pouring rain, or freezing winter, or somewhere in the boonies where no one can get to you just to get this stupid nut off to change a tire. The no. 2 man said he would be looking into this and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I don't know if anything was done but it sure ruffled some feathers when you get a hold of corporate office, and explain the issue. Somebodies head I think rolled on this one. So any complaints and you get a ****** response from Customer care go for the big guns and see what happens.

Octane

Reaction score
the #2 man at chrysler called you because of a wing nut ? wow must of been exciting like getting a text from tom brady
But yet call Chrysler over a bad lifter/ cam and you get... ...crickets.lol
But by golly Chrysler aint gonna take no crap from a wingnut.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I Had an issue with the nut under the seat for removing the jack for changing tires. it took me and my kid 3 hrs trying to get it out. There was some kind of gunk on the threads and I had to use vice grips and I tell you you could only move the wing nut so much. I got peeved about it got a hold of Customer care and they responded with a BS so sorry you need to place the jack and other parts some other place in the truck, but where. So I got peeved with their reply and I found the email address for the head honcho, sent him the response and question I had for Customer care along with the case file number. I thought yeah right i wouldn't get a reply, boy was I wrong two days later I got a call from the number two man himself , very apologetic about the response I got from Customer Service and he told me there never had a complaint about that. This fellow agreed with me when I told him are you going to stand in the pouring rain, or freezing winter, or somewhere in the boonies where no one can get to you just to get this stupid nut off to change a tire. The no. 2 man said he would be looking into this and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I don't know if anything was done but it sure ruffled some feathers when you get a hold of corporate office, and explain the issue. Somebodies head I think rolled on this one. So any complaints and you get a ****** response from Customer care go for the big guns and see what happens.
I just had my jack out the other day and you are right! It was a bi#@h to get off the first time. Much easier now.