Ram Cares... where are you?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
There have been many members on here expressing their frustration with the time it has taken to get their new HD Ram, myself included. When I purchased my Ram I was told by the dealer that it was going to be a little more time than normal to build your truck. They said it could be 2-3 months. I proceeded with the purchase & this is what actually happened.
I ordered the truck 1/31/22. The truck finally went into production 6/13/22 & was completed a few days later. After sitting all summer long down there in the desert, it finally arrived to the dealership the second week of December. I am told now that it is on a recall (ZA3) and I cannot take posesion of my truck until this is fixed. Which best estimates are for February or March! This is completely unacceptable! What is FCA going to do for me & all of the other people who will have waited a year for their now used vehicle?!? I have purchased Chrysler vehicles exclusively for nearly 40 years now. And this is the first time I am actually considering a different brand!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Given that experience I would be looking for a substantial discount or you might as well order a 2023. If that one is going to take 6 months also, Chev is making pretty good gas and diesel 2500 pickups these days.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's a **** show and it's the reason I never ordered my 22, just bought what I could find. Supply chain is horrible still, but I will say ALL auto manufacturers are horrible right now on recalls. The fuel pump recall is going to law suit now I believe.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
It's a **** show and it's the reason I never ordered my 22, just bought what I could find.

Same. I tried to order a 2023 Power Wagon and couldn't even order one due to order banks being closed, so I jumped on a low mileage 2021. Order banks closed, stories of manufacturers de-contenting vehicles after the order, open ended wait times...I could have dealt with waiting, but the totality caused me to bail.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same. I tried to order a 2023 Power Wagon and couldn't even order one due to order banks being closed, so I jumped on a low mileage 2021. Order banks closed, stories of manufacturers de-contenting vehicles after the order, open ended wait times...I could have dealt with waiting, but the totality caused me to bail.

Yep my dealer was going to order me whatever I wanted for 5k below msrp. They said lead times was 3-4 weeks then and I got on Facebook and was reading all the back order delays. I found a 3500 with enough of what I wanted and just bought it. It would of took me a year to get because I would ordered with every option possible lol.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well believe it or not it got worse! Dealer called me the day after Christmas & said they had the part to fix the recall (just a latch on the dipstick tube). Said they are getting 2 a week. Sounds just like the fuel pump saga. Anyway, he said since mine has been waiting the longest I had first pick. So I said yes lets move forward. I get to the dealer & they have created a completely different deal. Charging me more for the new truck & giving me less for mine. I stated, you guys said the deal would stay the same, but the interest rate might change. He said yeah that's what we said, but we had no idea it was going to take this long. We just can't take a hit like that, we have to pass that along to the customer. I said I already am taking a huge hit cause the interest has gone up 5% since ordering, but I am still holding up my end of the deal. They wouldn't move so I walked out on the deal. I am going to tell my story to anybody that will listen. Local media, social media, BBB...
By the way the dealer is Performance Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Centerville.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They really thought they could take advantage of you after waiting a year to receive your truck? I wonder if you could go to a competing dealer and "order" your truck from them and get a decent deal.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They wouldn't move so I walked out on the deal. I am going to tell my story to anybody that will listen. Local media, social media, BBB...
Thanks for standing up to these greedy RB's, the new world thinks they can steel money from the hard-working public!!

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I had a somewhat similar experience ordering a new Jeep a year ago.

I will NEVER order a vehicle again.

When I decided to buy a new truck late in 22 I started searching every dealer and every brand within a day’s drive until I found what I wanted sitting on the lot.

It’s not just FCA, all the makes -big 3 at least- have been getting fat taking advantage of recent history. They hope to train us into ordering, waiting, and being satisfied with whatever they dole out. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well believe it or not it got worse! Dealer called me the day after Christmas & said they had the part to fix the recall (just a latch on the dipstick tube). Said they are getting 2 a week. Sounds just like the fuel pump saga. Anyway, he said since mine has been waiting the longest I had first pick. So I said yes lets move forward. I get to the dealer & they have created a completely different deal. Charging me more for the new truck & giving me less for mine. I stated, you guys said the deal would stay the same, but the interest rate might change. He said yeah that's what we said, but we had no idea it was going to take this long. We just can't take a hit like that, we have to pass that along to the customer. I said I already am taking a huge hit cause the interest has gone up 5% since ordering, but I am still holding up my end of the deal. They wouldn't move so I walked out on the deal. I am going to tell my story to anybody that will listen. Local media, social media, BBB...
OMG A latch on the trans tube? I forget where I read the fix was said to be a new dip stick tube and some sort of new vent for trans, parts were not expected to be available until late Jan at the soonest.. Its sad they tried to screw you over on the deal by honoring a price guarantee on your order....

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
At least up here, if you put a deposit down and sign a purchase agreement or a specification sheet with the delivered price specified the price is locked in. They may try, but they cannot change the contracted price. If you can prove the deal they agreed to it is completely enforceable in the States or Canada.

When I bought my 2021 that was delivered in August of 2021 I actually got it for 4000 less than the amount I had signed for on the order sheet with a 5000 dollar deposit. Both were cash deals based on what we had agreed on when I ordered it 5 months earlier.

Last edited:

combatgrunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Start doing reviews on google etc write one up in word keep it professional and copy and paste the same review on google,Facebook, etc. you’ll get the word out

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will NEVER order a vehicle again.

I won't do it either. However, the only time I ever had a good experience was with Toyota when I ordered my 2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime. I'm sure it might be the exception.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I hate to hear what happened to 68PW, but I wouldn't let it scare me away from ordering a truck. I've never had a bad experience ordering one out, and my recent experience with Granger was very good. My best advice would be to get everything you expect in writing from the dealer before placing the order/deposit.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
jebj you are spot on. Given that everyone on here mistrusts dealers generally it amazes me that people still try to do any business at all with them on a handshake. Buying, selling, repairs; no matter what kind of business you are dealing with get it all in detail and in writing, signed by you and them. Even very honest people and businesses, staff change and memories vary as to the exact deal. You make one deal in that year, they make thousands.

Verbal contracts are binding but far, far easier to enforce a contract when it is written down and very clear.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everyone knows the situation the world has been in for the past couple of years. Every industry is having supply issues.

So why would somone knowing all this order a product then complain? You know what you’re getting into…..

This is a self induced problem, stop complaining.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
At least up here, if you put a deposit down and sign a purchase agreement or a specification sheet with the delivered price specified the price is locked in. They may try, but they cannot change the contracted price. If you can prove the deal they agreed to it is completely enforceable in the States or Canada.

When I bought my 2021 that was delivered in August of 2021 I actually got it for 4000 less than the amount I had signed for on the order sheet with a 5000 dollar deposit. Both were cash deals based on what we had agreed on when I ordered it 5 months earlier.
Yeah I could probably take them to court but it would cost more than the savings. There is about a 5k difference in contracts. Doesn't seem like much, but I am already taking a 5% raise in interest. To me that & the fact that it baked in the sun for 6 months with no protection on the paint. Just felt like I was paying more for a slightly used vehicle. If I could find an attorney that would work for damages baked into the suit maybe. ;)

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Start doing reviews on google etc write one up in word keep it professional and copy and paste the same review on google,Facebook, etc. you’ll get the word out
Exactly what I am doing. Even if they only lose 1 or 2 sales that would more than make up the amount they tried screwing me out of. They actually have already lost one sale, cause I was going to give them first shot at selling us a new Durango. Thanks for all of the responses all! I still am in a little shock! It's hard for me to compute that someone would actually do that to someone... & right at Christmas!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Yeah I could probably take them to court but it would cost more than the savings. There is about a 5k difference in contracts. Doesn't seem like much, but I am already taking a 5% raise in interest. To me that & the fact that it baked in the sun for 6 months with no protection on the paint. Just felt like I was paying more for a slightly used vehicle. If I could find an attorney that would work for damages baked into the suit maybe. ;)
Hiring a lawyer for small amounts never pays. We have small claims court for amounts under 50,000. Costs 200 bucks to file the claim. You do better representing yourself and the court tends to side with the consumer. Most dealerships will cave if they believe you are serious about suing. Lawyers and costs far out weigh the claim.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I hate to hear what happened to 68PW, but I wouldn't let it scare me away from ordering a truck. I've never had a bad experience ordering one out, and my recent experience with Granger was very good. My best advice would be to get everything you expect in writing from the dealer before placing the order/deposit.
Yeah I have had good experiences both buying off the lot & ordering. The next time I will request copy's of everything! I asked for all of the paperwork for this deal but all they would send me was everything I already had. I know there was a contract that I signed stating that I would take purchase the truck when it arrived or chance losing my deposit. One would think that would lock them in to. Though I doubt it would have helped here. They even admitted that was the deal. They said the market has changed & your vehicle has 10k more miles on it. So they just made a whole new deal & expected me to pay for it. Trust me, I didn't want to wait this long either.