Ram Connect rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WireEd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sooooo, bought my new 2500 Tradesman CC Hemi. Got the glorious Ram connect for 3 months free. Now they want I think $15 per month so I can unlock my truck. Or lock it. I payed $61k for this thing. Don’t get me wrong I love the truck. I’m not paying one cent for something that should be free. Period. Oh by the way, my wife’s new Mazda suv comes with Mazda connect. Know what? It’s free. Forever!! It also has remote start. Did I say it was free? That’s because it is. Come on stellantis, you domestic wannabe, foreign car company that’s letting Chrysler die on the vine. Oh sorry. Inside thoughts. Inside thoughts. ‍♂️

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
by the way, my wife’s new Mazda suv comes with Mazda connect. Know what? It’s free. Forever!! It also has remote start. Did I say it was free? That’s because it is. Come on stellantis, you domestic wannabe, foreign car company that’s letting Chrysler die on the vine. Oh sorry. Inside thoughts. Inside thoughts. ‍♂️
I agree. My wife just bought herself a new Bronco and Ford's FordPass is also free forever.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sooooo, bought my new 2500 Tradesman CC Hemi. Got the glorious Ram connect for 3 months free. Now they want I think $15 per month so I can unlock my truck. Or lock it. I payed $61k for this thing. Don’t get me wrong I love the truck. I’m not paying one cent for something that should be free. Period. Oh by the way, my wife’s new Mazda suv comes with Mazda connect. Know what? It’s free. Forever!! It also has remote start. Did I say it was free? That’s because it is. Come on stellantis, you domestic wannabe, foreign car company that’s letting Chrysler die on the vine. Oh sorry. Inside thoughts. Inside thoughts. ‍♂️
That's BS.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Foes the missus *** Ford have lights on the unlock buttons ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Question:

If you pay for the Service ..
You must not have a FOB or RKE on your person
so you make the call & after a period of time, supposedly the vehicle unlocks & starts.
Can you then drive it anywhere ? or do you just have access ?

I know that thieves can access your FOB or RKE when it is in your house & drive it somewhere, as long as they do Not run out of fuel or some how shut the vehicle off

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i tried the app....it doesn't do any more than the key fob as far as starting it. the other features on the app seemed rediculous to pay for, so i deleted it as fast as i installed it.

I agree it should be free for the price we paid for these trucks, and so should map updates. Makes you wonder where their heads are aat.

skates15

Reaction score
Question:

If you pay for the Service ..
You must not have a FOB or RKE on your person
so you make the call & after a period of time, supposedly the vehicle unlocks & starts.
Can you then drive it anywhere ? or do you just have access ?

I know that thieves can access your FOB or RKE when it is in your house & drive it somewhere, as long as they do Not run out of fuel or some how shut the vehicle off
Correct. My wife's car was stolen in Albuquerque which we parked in front of the house. It takes 2 people to hack the car...one stand by the door of the car with a lock scanner and another person stands by your front door, hoping to pick up the FOB signal and if they do.pick it up, then they transmit it to one by the car door.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct. My wife's car was stolen in Albuquerque which we parked in front of the house. It takes 2 people to hack the car...one stand by the door of the car with a lock scanner and another person stands by your front door, hoping to pick up the FOB signal and if they do.pick it up, then they transmit it to one by the car door.
WHY many people and others in a security field now recommending that you keep your keys, anything that sends a RKE (radio) signal in a box or pouch (faraday) type that blocks radio waves. (Includes if you are out somewhere too, as in keep yer FOB in a faraday pouch while out)(I also never remote start truck/open truck when walking out door of establishment. You would be surprised on how far and what the waves will make it thru/pass thru on these fobs). If I lived in a city, or big area where PPL could get near your residence I would keep fob in faraday bag, or other applicable container. I was considering having the IGLA system or something like it installed on my vehicle also, but those systems not cheap. I do have GSD protector status on my residence/property so I would always know if someone was on property, but I am rural. See below pic ref GSD protector item:

ADDED: I also carry a RFID protector card in my wallet to stop picking up info off of any type of card that stores info that can be picked up.

IMG_0005.JPG

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, we have a large Farada pouch for keys and wallets with RFID blocking. Car was found by police 2 weeks later just 3 blocks from the house completely stripped.
YUP, as U know there are other ways to get access and move. One would be by "hijacking" thru OBD port. If I had like a TRX, or Limited, something stupid expensive, I would have an IGLA system installed.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
You do know it's for the app and satellite lock/unlock etc and not from the fob, right?

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hold on… you need a subscription to unlock your truck? Well that’s silly.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I just put a Compustar (Firstech) T12 in, their add on immobilizer, and Drone, too.

Can you believe that the police published here in Toronto very recently that said to just leave your keys at the door so you have a better chance of not getting you or your family hurt when the creeps do home invasions...

00-Buck is the door greeter here ;)

Marusho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I use a metal coffee can with a piece of aluminum foil crimped over the top for all my car keys. The solution (duh) is to have an on-off switch on the fob. Then you could even venture out into the public without a faraday bag.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just don't live in high crime areas. So far so good.
I live rurally in a low crime area and none of our vehicles sits outside overnight. So I'm not worried about it either. But I sure feel for the folks that do have to guard against it.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I use a metal coffee can with a piece of aluminum foil crimped over the top for all my car keys. The solution (duh) is to have an on-off switch on the fob. Then you could even venture out into the public without a faraday bag.
I did buy a couple cheap bags on amazon, but where I am , I don't worry much, and they are in a garage .
about a year ago , there where some posts on this and someone said you can turn off your remote . I have not tried it.
Hold lock down, push unlock 2X .
But I forget about turning back on, maybe just hit a button?
I don't have app's, I just got past old flip phones .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357