Ram Dealers begging for positive ratings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my experience providing customer service, I've learned a valuable lesson.
Things occasionally go wrong.
Regardless of the reason, this gives us an opportunity to make things right and to make a lasting impression in doing so.
If you face the customer, admit the problem exists, and do what's right to fix it, you'll usually impress a customer in ways that you never could when things were going smoothly.
What you do when things go wrong can earn you a customer for life.

I've had companies I purchased from for years that wouldn't fix a relatively simple problem. I no longer buy from them.
Other companies that, in my view, did the right thing, and I'm a customer for life.

The points system we're talking about can't produce real results or valuable information.
It's completely hostile to the dealer / customer relationship.
I hope they wake up. I'm not holding my breath...

Exactly...I would much prefer someone who is realistic and just provides good service and does the right thing when the situation arrives. Instead you generally get stuck with some ****** that provides minimal service and knowledge and then annoyingly begs like a child for a good score, and then of course will make no effort at all to make something right should a problem occur. They make it so much harder than it needs to be.

Txkenpo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
Funny I have experienced this many times in the past, over. And over harping on needing/ pleading for a 10... Bought my truck yesterday was there most of the day, it was never brought up, nothing about a review. Also I was not forced to sit through 30 min of the sales guy reading the manual to me. They left a box next to the truck so I could empty stuff from old truck. I shook the owners hand and he took me at my word I will bring the bed divider and extra key from my trade in next Sat. That was it.. Best truck/ Car buying experience I have ever had, gotta love small towns ( Athens TX)

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny I have experienced this many times in the past, over. And over harping on needing/ pleading for a 10... Bought my truck yesterday was there most of the day, it was never brought up, nothing about a review. Also I was not forced to sit through 30 min of the sales guy reading the manual to me. They left a box next to the truck so I could empty stuff from old truck. I shook the owners hand and he took me at my word I will bring the bed divider and extra key from my trade in next Sat. That was it.. Best truck/ Car buying experience I have ever had, gotta love small towns ( Athens TX)

Nice to hear a positive story every once in a while, glad it worked out well for you, congratulations on your new truck!

Jberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
We can only hope that the trend is changing. (Not likely.)
Consumers may be generally unaware of the traps set for them, but they eventually figure things out after a few negative experiences and a discussion like this one.
It would be interesting to see what happens when real customer service decision makers read threads like these.
This has been a great discussion of real experiences and not a bunch of hysterical rants.
I've appreciated being able to share my experiences with all of you and to read about yours.
Thanks.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We can only hope that the trend is changing. (Not likely.)
Consumers may be generally unaware of the traps set for them, but they eventually figure things out after a few negative experiences and a discussion like this one.
It would be interesting to see what happens when real customer service decision makers read threads like these.
This has been a great discussion of real experiences and not a bunch of hysterical rants.
I've appreciated being able to share my experiences with all of you and to read about yours.
Thanks.

Well said, and hopefully this thread finds many more who are about to purchase so they can know how to handle themselves. On a related note, I'm really considering doing a little thing on the side where I shop for cars for people. I've had a lot of experience dealing with dealers and I get really into researching cars and then fighting hard to get the deal I want, which I know are things many people do not like to do. I've mentioned it to a few friends that I know aren't good car shoppers and they all said they would hire me to do it, I may just have to.

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is this just in CA? When I bought the truck everyone I interacted with begged to be rated 10 on the email customer satisfaction survey they send. In fact at the dealer they have big signs "Only a 10". But everyone I dealt with - from sales, to finance to service - was horrible, and in the end I didn't give any rating (salesman was new, but a very nice young guy with a family, so I didn't want to harm him), but I left a very stinging review of that dealership on Yelp.

So now I go to another nearby dealer just for the recall work, and they do the same thing. Sending emails begging for a 10 (anything else means nothing, it says). Even suggesting that I dig though my spam folder to find the rating link, if I missed it.

BTW when I recently took it in just for recall work, the service advisor asked if I wanted to wait, or she would provide Uber free. I would normally stay, but accepted the Uber (assuming it was 2-way, like the shuttles always were). Two hours later she calls and says it's ready, I ask if the Uber will be picking me up, she says no, they only provide a ride home. Had I known that, I would have stayed at the dealer!

So never having used Uber, I downloaded the app, signed up, and got a ride. The driver didn't speak English, almost gets us killed twice on a 6 mile trip making a u-turn into traffic, and a sudden 2 lane turn into the parking lot. The first driver on the ride home was great, however.

So @RamCares, if you're listening, this "Only a 10" policy is just corporate BS that leave employees spending more time begging for a 10, than actually providing great customer experience. Whoever in the main office that came up with this policy, I rate at -10.

All dealerships, or at least most of them, are doing this. They realize that customers are turning to the internet in droves, and if they don't change their culture... They'll be nothing but service centers.

Jberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
A salesman from another brand told me that it’s done to give the manufacturer a way out of paying them sales bonuses. It’s about giving them an impossible target. It certainly can’t be about improving service.

MarineBSP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with the silliness of the whole 'nothing counts but a ten' - so when I bought my truck, I shopped dealer more than brand - and I went to the same small town dealer that my brother-in-law and nephews deal with, even though it's quite a drive. Straight, straight forward, and very helpful.

When FCA got around to sending a survey, I felt bad that I couldn't give that dealer more than the "10" that too many other dealer's get for their pretty fair-to-average service. If FCA can manage to keep dealers like that one, the competition will struggle.

Jberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
It seems like the best idea would be to teach all dealer personnel how to "earn" a ten star review.
In my experience, when something goes wrong, and it's going to happen occasionally, the dealer has an opportunity to make things right and to really impress the customer.
That can only happen if evaluations are honest.
Even unreasonable customers can (sometimes) be won over with simple gestures. Isn't that how you build a loyal customer following?
Isn't that supposed to be the point?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought my Ram the stealership was trash and I ripped them as many new ones as I could in every review/survey I was sent or could find, why not? They where d*cks even as far as tacking 3 more payments onto the paperwork after we had shook hands (really who even does 51 months... seriously??) like as if I wouldn't notice.

So I gave them the reviews they deserve, in fact I think I was ten orders of magnitude more polite than they deserved as evidenced by the fact their building remains standing and the parties involved remain capable of polluting the gene pool with their substandard DNA.

Don't hold back if a business deliberately conducts bad business. They started it, they went there. The appropriate response is to shut that down with extreme prejudice so that honest businesses can thrive - it's the only way that works.

On that note, never do business with Planet (chrysler/ram/jeep/etc) in Flagstaff if you have any self respect whatsoever.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They didn't have to beg me for a 10 rating they earned it all the way at Gladstone Dodge in Kc. My son and I have bought 6 vehicles from the in the last 6 years and they are always a 10 in sales and service always going out of their way to take care of us.. and NO HIGH pressure at any time..:cheers:

Jberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
There are some like that out there.
Repeat business is the name of the game.
I'm always happy to hear about the good ones.

Sadly, there are lots of examples of dealers and employees who only worry about short term dollars and ratings.

My new dealer has been a pleasure (Rt 46 CJD in NJ). They earned my review.

My old dealer (Rockland CJD in Nanuet) was one of my worst experiences as a consumer.
They attempted to create phony repairs (I caught them) and ultimately I was screamed at by the service manager for about 15 minutes over the phone.
Obviously, they don't want customers who know they're being cheated.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just had my second oil change done at the dealership I bought the truck from and it was again great service. All three experiences from them has been great. I wasn't asked to rate or anything. I'm sure something will come in via email soon and I will happily give them a 10.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably a huge coincidence, but filling out a survey from RAM Customer Care today.

I gave a 3 out of 10 for one question, the next screen asked me to explain which I did, then after clicking next on the "Please Explain" screen, I got a 404 lol

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Wish my dealer would have sent my a card or survey to fill out...lol
Would been all Zeros.. Olathe Dodge Ram Jeep suck ass.

Jberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Probably a huge coincidence, but filling out a survey from RAM Customer Care today.

I gave a 3 out of 10 for one question, the next screen asked me to explain which I did, then after clicking next on the "Please Explain" screen, I got a 404 lol

What's a 404?

Jberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Funny, I see the answer on another post.
A 404 is an error message saying the site has gone down.
An appropriate response to a negative review...